Sweatpants Are The Hottest New Trend In Menswear
The legs of the sweatpants, which feature elastic at the feet, are designed to fall just above the ankle.
Unlike sweatpants of the past, their primary utility isn't in jogging, but in showing off expensive basketball shoes, writes Shelly Banjo for the Wall Street Journal.
"They're the hottest trend in bottoms in men's," SportsOneSource analyst Matt Powell told the Journal.
According to men's site Complex.com, "The pants have not only become synonymous with sneaker culture, but it's also found its way into its boutiques."
Now retailers including Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Zumiez and Pacific Sunwear of California are pushing the trend.
Urban Outfitters has dozens of styles in a variety of fabrics including denim, cotton and leather. The prices range from $39 to $365.
Here's a selection of the styles Urban is selling:
Like Nordstrom, Pacific Sunwear of California has an entire category on its website devoted to jogger pants. Their styles range from $49 to $99.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry
- Best budget headphone for work from home in India
- More than 60% LGBTQ+ cancelled travel plans in India last year with over 90% fearing for their safety
- Best soundbars in India under ₹10,000
- Explained: What is Kavach? The Railways’ protective armour missing in Odisha