Asian tourists are getting visa-free welcome in more countries than ever before
- The top three countries with the most powerful passports are from Asia, according to the Henley Passport Index.
Japanretained its top ranking with 190 visa-free travel destinations
- India ranked 79 in the global rankings while most of India’s neighboring countries including Pakistan,
Afghanistan, and Nepal ranked even lower. Chinais ahead of India at 40th position.
In the latest, Henley Passport Index, a global ranking of most powerful passports around the world, the top three slots were taken by countries in Asia. Japan stood at number one, retaining its top ranking with 190 visa-free travel destinations.
Asia’s growing mobility is a sign of the countries’ growing potential to contribute to the global economy.
The index ranked passports based on the number of visa-free travel options they have.
With access to 61 ‘visa-free’ destinations, the Indian passport is ranked 79, marginally better than last year’s ranking f 81. Most of its neighbors ranked much lower -- Pakistan and Afghanistan are at 104 and Nepal at 94. China is far ahead of India at number 40.
Here are the top 5:
1.Japan — 190 countries
2.(tied) Singapore — 189 countriesAdvertisement
2. (tied) South Korea — 189 countries
3.(tied) France — 188 countriesAdvertisement
3. (tied) Germany— 188 countries
4. (tied) Denmark — 187 countriesAdvertisement
4.(tied) Finland — 187 countries
4. (tied) Italy — 187 countriesAdvertisement
4. (tied) Sweden— 187 countries
5. (tied) Luxembourg— 186 countriesAdvertisement
5.Spain — 186 countries
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost