DHFL sets record as India's housing finance company to go bankrupt
- RBI sent Dewan Housing Finance Corporation (DHFL) to the bankruptcy tribunal.
- It the first NBFC and HFC to be resolved under the insolvency and bankruptcy code.
- There will an interim moratorium on the lender between the date of filing of the bankruptcy application and its admission.
The central bank also said there will an interim moratorium on the lender between the date of filing of the bankruptcy application and its admission or rejection.
The city-headquartered pureplay mortgage lender becomes the first NBFC/HFC to go for bankruptcy resolution.
Popular on BI
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- Now find EV charging stations in Google Maps near you
- Death toll in Turkiye, Syria earthquake surpasses 15,000
- SC to hear plea seeking probe into Hindenburg Research report on Adani group companies
- The best valentines day gifts you can buy online
- Delhi HC grants bail to Chitra Ramkrishna in money laundering case