Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: OnePlus, Samsung & Apple sales crossed ₹750 crore in 36 hours
- Amazon saw 66% of its Prime members shop from Tier 2 & 3 towns.
- As much as 91% of new member sign-ups too came from Tier 2 & 3 towns.
- The Mi 59 4K TV was sold out in 30 seconds via its flash sale.
- Meanwhile, Amazon Fashion’s sales jumped by 4.6 times.
As much as 66% of its Amazon’s prime members from Tier 2 & 3 towns shopped for the festival. Also, 91% of new members came from these towns.
But smartphones weren’t the only one bringing in sales. The much awaited
Amazon’s flagship product Echo Dot was also one of the highest selling products.
“With record Prime signups, more first-time shoppers from small towns than ever before and tens of thousands of small sellers across India already seeing success, we are excited by how India loves Amazon’s commitment to offer largest selection, great convenience and exceptional value to its customers.” said Amit Agarwal, Global Senior Vice President and Country Head, Amazon India in a statement.
Meanwhile, Amazon Fashion’s sales too jumped by 4.6 times.
One of Amazon’s latest focus areas – groceries segment – too raked 3.5 times the average business.
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar