Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: OnePlus, Samsung & Apple sales crossed ₹750 crore in 36 hours
- Amazon saw 66% of its Prime members shop from Tier 2 & 3 towns.
- As much as 91% of new member sign-ups too came from Tier 2 & 3 towns.
- The Mi 59 4K TV was sold out in 30 seconds via its flash sale.
- Meanwhile, Amazon Fashion’s sales jumped by 4.6 times.
AdvertisementE-commerce giants Flipkart and Amazon fight it out as their festive sales clash, but clearly consumers are winning with multiple deals and offers.
As much as 66% of its Amazon’s prime members from Tier 2 & 3 towns shopped for the festival. Also, 91% of new members came from these towns.
But smartphones weren’t the only one bringing in sales. The much awaited OnePlus TV too was launched exclusively on Amazon. But the crowd favourite was Mi 50 4k, which was sold out in 30 seconds via flash sale.
Amazon’s flagship product Echo Dot was also one of the highest selling products.
“With record Prime signups, more first-time shoppers from small towns than ever before and tens of thousands of small sellers across India already seeing success, we are excited by how India loves Amazon’s commitment to offer largest selection, great convenience and exceptional value to its customers.” said Amit Agarwal, Global Senior Vice President and Country Head, Amazon India in a statement.
Meanwhile, Amazon Fashion’s sales too jumped by 4.6 times.
One of Amazon’s latest focus areas – groceries segment – too raked 3.5 times the average business.
Popular on BI
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip