ArcelorMittal keen to expand presence in India: Pradhan
Pradhan, who met ArcelorMittal Chairman and CEO Lakshmi Niwas Mittal here, assured him of full support to leverage the country's large market.
The meeting comes a day after ArcelorMittal initiated payment of Rs 42,000 crore for acquiring debt-laden Essar Steel, which it had won in an insolvency process."Had a fruitful meeting with Mr. Lakshmi Niwas Mittal, Chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal @ArcelorMittal. We had wide ranging discussions on ways to boost domestic steel production through technology upgradation & attracting more investments in the steel sector, " Pradhan said in a tweet.
The decks for acquisition of Essar Steel by the L N Mittal-led company were cleared by the Supreme Court last month.Essar Steel was auctioned under the new Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code to recover Rs 54,547 crore of unpaid dues of financial lenders and operational creditors. ABI ABM ABM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- No gaming advertisement may depict any person under the age of 18 years, or who appears to be under the age of 18: ASCI
- Now there is 'real hope' to end COVID-19 with vaccines: WHO chief
- Vaccine hopes push gold below ₹ 49,000 per 10 gram
- Netflix's 'Delhi Crime' wins International Emmy Award 2020 for best drama series
- Maruti Suzuki expands its ‘subscribe’ service to Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar