Health-tech startup CureBay raises ₹50 crore in Series A funding led by Elevar Equity
CureBaywill use the funds to acquire skilled talent, expand to new locations and further strengthen the tech platform and care delivery model.
- Odisha-based CureBay offers affordable healthcare services for rural areas.
AdvertisementCureBay, an Odisha-based health-tech startup on Wednesday said that it had raised ₹50 crore in a Series A funding round led by
CureBay plans on launching 100
“The capital will enable the next phase of expansion and help reinforce our position in the country,” said
Founded in 2021 by Priyadarshi Mohapatra, Shobhan Mahapatra and
“With CureBay, we intend to empower the healthcare system and make it accessible to patients who lack information and proper medical resources. Our hybrid model helps in overcoming the challenges of skewed patient-provider ratios and the concentration of providers in a few urban pockets,” added Priyadarshi Mohapatra.
CureBay’s hybrid model
CureBay uses a hybrid model to offer primary healthcare services. It allows users to schedule appointments, provides teleconsultations, delivers medicine, offers diagnostic services and provides admission of patients for tertiary care with its partner hospitals through a booking model.
CureBay hires trained healthcare workers at its clinics who assist walk-in patients in connecting with city-based doctors for consultations. The eClinics also offer diagnostic services through partner labs and deliver medicines.
“We at Elevar Equity have long held the view that rural healthcare platforms need to be custom-designed for this market. CureBay's blended distribution model with assisted tech is well-positioned to address a massive gap - millions of customers are eager to pay for quality healthcare in medically underserved areas,” said
Democratising commerce: ONDC could be the UPI moment for small retailers, MSMEs
Zoho to double down R&D but keep tech hiring ‘slow’
Archean Chemical Industries IPO opens — 10 things to know before you subscribe to it
Popular on BI
- Cabinet approves royalty rates for mining of 12 critical minerals
- Paytm and Paytm Payments Bank mutually agree to discontinue various inter-company agreements
- Platinum Industries IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%