Fresh negotiations between military commanders from India and China starts today to end friction in Ladakh
- The meeting starts at 11 AM at a designated meeting point in Moldo on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control.
- Chinese troops have pulled back from the
Galwan Valleybut has not moved beyond the Finger areas in Pangong Tso as demanded by India.
- The fifth round of talks aimed at complete disengagement between the two militaries.
The key focus of the fifth round of corps commander-level talks is expected to be finalising a framework for total disengagement of troops from friction points besides withdrawal of forces and weapons from the rear bases of the two militaries in a time-bound manner, the sources said.
Amar Singh, a key player is saving the India-US nuclear deal, passes away at the age of 64
The formal process of disengagement of troops began on July 6, a day after a nearly two-hour telephonic conversation between
The Chinese military has already pulled back from the Galwan Valley and certain other friction points but the withdrawal of troops has not moved forward from Finger areas in Pangong Tso as demanded by India.
India has been insisting that China must withdraw its forces from areas between Finger Four and Eight. The mountain spurs in the area are referred to as Fingers.
On July 24, the two sides held another round of diplomatic talks on the border issue.
After the talks, the Ministry of External Affairs said both sides agreed that an early and complete disengagement of the troops along the LAC in accordance with bilateral agreement and protocols was essential for overall development of bilateral relations.
The sources said India conveyed a firm message to the Chinese side that it has to implement the disengagement process as agreed to during the four rounds of corps commander-level talks between the two militaries.
Apple vendors, Samsung, others line up with ₹11-lakh cr mobile phone mfg proposals: Prasad
- Coolest remote control cars for kids
- Best wireless mouse for a clutter-free experience
- Best budget point and shoot cameras in India for 2020
- A look back at top Independence Day speeches from erstwhile Indian Prime Ministers
- Mobile Premier League is the principal sponsor for KKR and TKR for IPL and CPL