Fresh negotiations between military commanders from India and China starts today to end friction in Ladakh
- The meeting starts at 11 AM at a designated meeting point in Moldo on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control.
- Chinese troops have pulled back from the
Galwan Valleybut has not moved beyond the Finger areas in Pangong Tso as demanded by India.
- The fifth round of talks aimed at complete disengagement between the two militaries.
AdvertisementIndian and Chinese military commanders will hold a fresh round of negotiations on Sunday to finalise modalities for taking forward the disengagement process on friction points like Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh, government sources said. The meeting is scheduled to start at 11 AM at a designated meeting point in Moldo on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control.
The key focus of the fifth round of corps commander-level talks is expected to be finalising a framework for total disengagement of troops from friction points besides withdrawal of forces and weapons from the rear bases of the two militaries in a time-bound manner, the sources said.
Amar Singh, a key player is saving the India-US nuclear deal, passes away at the age of 64
The formal process of disengagement of troops began on July 6, a day after a nearly two-hour telephonic conversation between
The Chinese military has already pulled back from the Galwan Valley and certain other friction points but the withdrawal of troops has not moved forward from Finger areas in Pangong Tso as demanded by India.
India has been insisting that China must withdraw its forces from areas between Finger Four and Eight. The mountain spurs in the area are referred to as Fingers.
On July 24, the two sides held another round of diplomatic talks on the border issue.
After the talks, the Ministry of External Affairs said both sides agreed that an early and complete disengagement of the troops along the LAC in accordance with bilateral agreement and protocols was essential for overall development of bilateral relations.
The sources said India conveyed a firm message to the Chinese side that it has to implement the disengagement process as agreed to during the four rounds of corps commander-level talks between the two militaries.
Apple vendors, Samsung, others line up with ₹11-lakh cr mobile phone mfg proposals: Prasad
Popular on BI
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World