CBSE, ICSE class 10th and 12th results to be declared by July 15
- On June 26, the Supreme Court approved the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) decision to cancel the class 10th and 12th pending board exams.
- Both CBSE and ICSE confirmed that the results will now be declared by July 15.
- CBSE said that the average marks obtained in the best performing subjects will be considered while calculating the result for the pending board exams.
- While ICSE said that it may give the students an option to reappear for the exams later, including class 10th and the averaging formula will differ from CBSE.
“We permit the CBSE to issue the notification, class 10 & 12 exams of CBSE scheduled for July 1-15 will be governed by this order,” the Supreme Court said.
Both CBSE and ICSE confirmed that the results will now be declared by July 15, now that the marks are being awarded based on the internal assessment and the exams that have been conducted.
During the Supreme Court hearing, CBSE provided an affidavit stating that the average marks obtained in the best performing subjects will be considered while calculating the result, The Print reported. This is for the exams that stand cancelled now.
“For students who have appeared in exams for more than three subjects, the average of the marks obtained in the best three performing subjects will be awarded in the subjects whose examination will not be conducted,” the CBSE circular said.
On the other hand, ICSE’s lawyer Jaideep Gupta said that while their affidavit is similar to that of CBSE, the averaging scheme will differ. The board added that it may give the students an option to reappear for the exams later, including class 10th. “We may also give the optional board exam facility to Class X too along with Class XII at a later date. This is our difference with the CBSE affidavit,” Gupta said.
However, CBSE can altogether decide to do away with the exams at a later date.
Popular on BI
- Establishing consumer trust and privacy for a mutually beneficial ecosystem between brands and consumers
- How EaseMyTrip doubled investors’ money during one of the worst periods for the travel industry
- SpaceX has an ambitious target of 52 missions in 2022
- The gaming audience is in the right frame of mind to be receptive to advertising messages: Vaibhav Odhekar, POKKT
- All you need to know about the latest Tork Motors e-bikes — KRATOS and KRATOS-R