From Ayushmann Khurrana to Vicky Kaushal and Kartik Aaryan, millennial stars are beating legacy actors for brand endorsements
- The Duff & Phelps’ celebrity brand valuation report reveals the new faces that bagged the most number of brand endorsements in 2019.
- The list includes national award winner Vicky Kaushal and recent entrants like Tara Sutaria, who is the celebrity brand ambassador of the global makeup brand Bobbi Brown Cosmetics and Janhvi Kapoor — signed by Reliance Retail.
- Ayushmann Khurrana, Kartik Aaryan and Tiger Shroff featured in more than 10 endorsements last year.
- The shift in focus from established celebrities to new faces across the advertising and media industry over the past year explains the theme “New is Gold”.
The actor who took the cake however was Ayushmann Khurrana who not only made it to number 10 on the list by Duff & Phelps’ celebrity brand valuation report, also endorses a whopping 17 brands.
With three hits last year with movies that are based on offbeat stories and smaller budgets — he is called Bollywood's Mr Return on Investment. Looks like brands are rushing in to invest him in too.
“This year we saw the new generation celebrities make it to the top 20. Apart from the celebrities who were featured in last year’s study, this year, we have Ayushmann Khurrana (rank 10), Tiger Shroff (rank 17) and Rohit Sharma (rank 20) with a cumulative brand value of $87.5 million,” said Aviral Jain, managing director of Duff & Phelps.
A few new age celebrities like Tara Sutaria bagged global deals. The actress who is two films old is now the brand ambassador of the global makeup brand Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. Janhvi Kapoor however is now a part of India’s top company — Reliance Retail.
Kartik Aaryan, Tiger Shroff bag over 10 deals
Actors who saw the most hits last year - like Kartik Aaryan and Tiger Shroff - bagged over 10 endorsements last year. In total, Aaryan who delivered three consecutive hits which made more than Rs 100 crore - now endorses 16 brands. He will soon hit the screens again with his feature in the sequel of Love AajKal.
Tiger Shroff who was a part of last year’s top grosser War, too has 16 endorsements in his kitty.
Actress Disha Patani who is a rage on Instagram has 15 endorsements. Kriti Sanon and Taapsee Pannu won 11 deals last year. Rajkummar Rao did not have a successful run last year. But he too has 13 endorsements in his kitty including Maggi.
“Their strong millennial connection landed them multiple endorsement deals,” the report concluded.
The shift in focus from established celebrities to new faces across the advertising and media industry over the past year explains the theme “New is Gold”. Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli is recognised as the most valued celebrity for the third year in a row.
“National award winner Ayushmann Khurrana, dancing wizard Tiger Shroff and hitman Rohit Sharma grabbed 10th, 17th and 20th spots, respectively. The overall brand value of the top 20 celebrities in 2019 is estimated at USD 1.1 billion, an increase of 25% from last year,” the report said.
Virat Kohli continues to be the most valuable celebrity with a brand value of $237.5 Million: Duff & Phelps Study
Vicky Kaushal, Rishabh Pant, and Abhinandan Varthaman among the top 10 personalities that Indians googled this year
Youtuber Bhuvam Bam is having a wonderful year - from World Economic Forum to Forbes India's 30 under 30 list
- Trump says India, China will have more COVID-19 cases if they conduct more tests
- SEBA 10th result 2020: Boys outperform girls this year in Assam board
- Black lives matter, will overcome racial justice: Facebook CEO
- Assam class 10th board results declared — pass percentage up by 4.5% from last year
- Oil dependency and carbon emissions — EVs may not be India’s answer to reducing either, say experts