Gautam Adani's wealth multiplied nearly 3 times in the last four years
- This 18-year-old middle class boy became a trader and now sits on top of a business empire that, amongst others, owns and operates India’s largest private port at Mundra.
- In 25 years,
Gautam Adanibuilt one of India's largest infrastructure companies worth ₹4700 crore.
- According to Hurun Rich List,
Adaniis the fifth richest person in India with a networth of ₹94,500 crore.
This middle class boy became a trader and now sits on top of a business empire that, amongst others, owns and operates India’s largest private port at Mundra.
Not only is he keeping his wide business interests afloat, he is also reportedly looking to buy debt-laden Dighi Port with 78% haircut, for ₹650 crore.
Adani who has not studied risk management, yet does not shy away from making gnarly moves. Even after knowing that he might lose it all, Adani had bet a massive $10 billion on an Australian coal mine — his highest best so far.
Here’s a look at Adani and his business’ growth over the last four years:
Adani’s wealth multiplied 2.48 times in the last 2 years
He derives his wealth from 62% stake in Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone
Adani Group won 25 out of 126 contract bids awarded by the Indian Government
Adani shares a symbiotic relationship with Modi
Popular on BI
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries