Here's how Goldman Sachs' list of trading clients has changed
Gary Cohn, president and chief operating officer at Goldman Sachs, just spoke at the Deutsche Bank Global Financial Services Investor Conference.
His presentation focused on the bank's institutional client services unit, which houses the bank's equities and fixed income, currencies and commodities sales and trading teams.
Included in the presentation was this slide below, setting out how the bank's client based has changed over time.
In short, there are fewer hedge fund clients, and more asset management and corporate clients.
Speaking earlier this year, Goldman Sachs CFO Harvey Schwartz highlighted this relationship when discussing the bank's performance in the first quarter.
"We've had a big commitment to the hedge fund industry across equities and fixed income for a long time - we're always rooting for their performance," Schwartz said.
"In periods like we went through in the first quarter, obviously they have a tendency to derisk, and it reduces trading velocity over many months, although there may be, for example, an active day from time to time."
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World