How to use dual WhatsApp on a single phone
- You can now set up dual WhatsApp accounts on a single device without having to install any third party apps.
- Samsung and more Chinese smartphones come with the feature to set up dual WhatsApp accounts within their settings.
- Here’s a step by step guide to finding those settings on your phone and launching two WhatsApp accounts on one device.
But, since most phones now come with dual-SIM technology its not uncommon for users to want to set up both numbers with WhatsApp even though they only have one device.
And, Chinese smartphone manufacturers — like Xiaomi, Oppo, Huawei, and Vivo — are kind enough to provide work arounds on their phones. Even Samsung has a Dual Messenger feature on its devices to help you enable WhatsApp for both your phone numbers.
Here’s where you can find dual WhatsApp settings on different smartphone brands:
|Smartphone Brand||Dual WhatsApp settings|
Here's how to set up dual WhatsApp on your smartphone:
1. Open the settings of your phone and type in the respective dual WhatsApp setting from the list above. For our example, we have used an Oppo device — so in the settings menu, we searched for ‘Clone Apps’.
2. After locating the dual WhatsApp setting, tap to open the feature and view your options. In this case, the options I have are WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Facebook and Instagram — all apps under the Facebook umbrella.
3. Click on WhatsApp to in order to activate a second WhatsApp account on your phone.
4. You can also rename the secondary WhatsApp account to differentiate it from the original version of the App. Here we simply renamed it, ‘WhatsApp 2.0’.
5. Navigate back to your App Drawer and you will see that there will be two different icons for WhatsApp.
6. Open the newly set up WhatsApp clone app to set your new account and you’re done!