As England vs South Africa game kicks off, the World Cup is fuelling Dream11's dream run in 2019
Dream11is India’s first gaming unicorn and it is aiming to add another 23 million users in 45 days.
- The startup has gained over 17 million users during this year’s Indian Premier League.
- Former Indian cricket team captain
MS Dhoniis the brand ambassador of the startup.
Having gone from 50 million users in April to over 67 million users after the IPL, with the World Cup, it is only gearing up for more users and traffic.
Besides MS Dhoni, who is Dream11’s brand ambassador, 9 new cricketers have been signed up by the startup with the commencement of the
“We expect to have 90 million users by the end of the World Cup and 100 million by the end of 2019.” Bhavit Sheth, COO, Dream11 had told Business Insider in an earlier interview. Bhavit Sheth and Harsh Jain had co-founded the startup 11 years ago.
So, according to estimates the startup during this year’s IPL gained over 17 million users, while during last year’s IPL it had gained over 30 million users. When in 2014, Dream11 raised its first round of funding they still had just 300,000 users.
In 2019, the startup turned unicorn with an investment from Steadview Capital which came on board after buying secondary shares from Dream11’s existing investors Kalaari Capital, Think Investments & Multiples Equity.
For the IPL, The Board of Control for Cricket in India had announced Dream11 as an official partner.
2019 may be the biggest year for this 11-year old Indian gaming startup
Gaming startup Dream11 strikes gold as the official partner of IPL
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study
- SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi's term extended for a second time till February 2020
- Best Storage Solutions for Your Kids’ Toys