Income Tax e-filing portal: Social media users call Infosys out after Finance Ministry summons its CEO Salil Parekh
- The new
income tax e-filing portaldeveloped by Infosyswas launched in June this year.
- Taxpayers have been complaining about the glitches on the portal for several weeks now.
Ministry of Financehas summoned Salil Parekh, the chief executive officer of Infosys to explain why these issues haven’t been resolved yet.
- People have taken to social media to vent their frustration and call out Infosys over the glitches.
Ministry of Finance has summoned Sh Salil Parekh,MD&CEO @Infosys on 23/08/2021 to explain to hon'ble FM as to why e… https://t.co/sRH30ZYmBV— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) 1629620705000
To recall, the
Infosys had been awarded the contract to set up the new income tax portal. Since the launch of the new portal, several representations have been made to Infosys – this includes the Ministry of Finance and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), who sought clarifications regarding the glitches on the new portal.
Many taxpayers have been venting their frustration about the issues with the new income tax portal for a while now.
As much as @Infosys owe an explanation to taxpayer, Finance Minister @nsitharaman owe an explanation to taxpayer a… https://t.co/bHHVP2cqZX— Rishabh Jain (@rishi28_jain) 1629696538000
@IncomeTaxIndia @Infosys Few suggestions:1. Cancel contract with @Infosys n impose penalty at 500% of contract val… https://t.co/dg2Ny8uNTe— CA Abhijit Kumar Ram (@CAAbhijitRam) 1629631068000
@KanchanGupta @Infosys Looks like infy is taking these GOI projects for granted. Every single workflow on the incom… https://t.co/8n9zoc2ymn— santosh banerjee (@santa_blr) 1629696598000
The DSC functionality is still not working, It's a pain to use the new @Infosys @IncomeTaxIndia Portal. Highly inco… https://t.co/IQQUbYECcc— krishnamohan4896 (@KRishna_moHAN48) 1629696607000
@IncomeTaxIndia @Infosys We are working even on festival day and the site still is under maintanance department hav… https://t.co/SCwouXKuvI— Ashish Rana (@Ashishdheer1) 1629620995000
@IncomeTaxIndia @Infosys Who will compensate the CAs and Tax Professionals!!!!!! The staff is without any Income Ta… https://t.co/T4WX7bUeuZ— SUDHIR HALAKHANDI (@SKHalakhandi) 1629646075000
Some of them took to memes to point out the problem in a funny manner.
What infosys did to income tax website! https://t.co/e3WbQdu00M— CA Avinash Nangalia (@avinashnangalia) 1629697068000
@HaramiiParindey @Madan_Chikna Le Infosys Owner to income tax dept https://t.co/2eP2EVTdOj— રજત મકવાણા (@rajatmakwana2) 1629699001000
@IncomeTaxIndia @Infosys Ask him to file his income tax return and live stream it on social media.— Vijayasimhan (@cvijay88) 1629620815000
@IncomeTaxIndia @Infosys @abhishekrajaram@Mayank_Parakh #Infosys : https://t.co/eJLNPzRcbf— Amit (@commercesehu) 1629624856000
@IncomeTaxIndia @Infosys In meeting,FM: How we all taken have 4420 crore from treasury and made fool of Indian Ta… https://t.co/ggs3Wj3NY1— The Long Term Investor (@term_investor) 1629625150000
Government- We Need to get this new Income Tax Portal up and running..! Kab Tal theek ho jaayega...?Infosys-… https://t.co/YrA0KWlxPd— Udit (@udit0201) 1629696106000
Finance Ministry summons Infosys CEO over glitches in IT e-filing portal
Infosys has a new headache — India’s unicorn boom
TCS, Infosys and HCL Tech will show a good quarter but Wipro’s earnings will outshine them all — here’s why
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- 30 large reservoirs in India dip to a decadal low after erratic rains in June
- Tata Motors, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank among stocks to watch out for on July 5
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India