The popular tote from Dagne Dover is the ultimate work bag — it's sleek and polished with a clever interior that keeps me organized
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Dagne Dover makes some of the best women's work
bagson the market today.
- The Allyn Tote in particular is polished for the office, convenient for carrying everything you need on the commute there and back home, and easy to keep organized.
- The tote isn't cheap at $305, but my personal opinion is that work bags don't get much better than this one.
- Others seem to agree, since this bag has repeatedly sold out since launching in September 2017.
It comes in five gorgeous colors (onyx, oxblood, bone, ash blue, and graphite) and three sizes, and provides you with all the pockets you could ever need — and then some.
Some quick factsStandout features: Dagne Dover's Allyn Tote is a sophisticated and spacious work bag with a padded laptop sleeve, water bottle holder, and other thoughtful interior pockets that keep you organized and always ready to go.
Things it's good at: It keeps all of your essentials in order and easy to get to, and its gorgeous pebbled leather design is perfectly suited to the office.Concerns: It's expensive. The Allyn Tote costs between $305 and $345, depending on the size. In 2017, Dagne Dover's founder and CEO Melissa Mash told Business Insider that, as far as work bags go, "It's no longer good enough to just be 'arm candy.' Nowadays we expect the services and products we use to multitask, to be data-driven, and to work harder."
The Allyn Tote, heeding Mash's formula, is polished for the office, convenient for carrying everything you need on the commute there and back home, and easy to keep organized.
78449575Dagne Dover really considered every detail when they designed the Allyn Tote, from the detachable key leash that makes house keys easier to find and grab in a pinch to padded laptop compartment with a zipper closure that ensures valuable tech always remains protected.The bag also has a discreet pocket on the back of it where you can stow your keys or phone so that they're readily accessible, a magnetic tab closure and an interior adjustable snap fastener that give you more space when you need it or the ability to close it quickly, a shoe duster you can use to stow comfortable flats so that they don't make contact with your other essentials, and dedicated pockets for your phone, pens, lip balm, Metro Card, and whatever else.
I thought Dagne Dover had perfected the work bag with its Classic Tote ($245), which I reviewed in March 2017, but unwilling to rest on its laurels, the company has generously graced the world with the Allyn Tote. The tote is up to $100 more than the Classic Tote, but that extra $100 gets you a bunch of new useful features and adds even more
Not to mention, if you're a teacher or member of the military, you're eligible for a 20% discount on any Dagne Dover purchases you make. Just fill out this form using your official education or military email address and the company will give you an exclusive code to use at checkout.
The bottom lineMy personal opinion is that work bags don't get any better than this one, so do yourself a huge favor and buy the Dagne Dover Allyn Tote.
- OYO's valuation climbs again — hits $9 billion after its latest fundraise of $7 million
- These are the world’s top food delivery companies – India’s Zomato and Swiggy have a long way to go as compared to their global counterparts like DoorDash or Meituan
- ZEE5 denies recent data breach claims
- Nine out of top 10 Indian cities with most active COVID-19 cases are in Maharashtra and Kerala as on March 5
- A whole host of jobs, from government to private to foreign companies in India, are opening up — here’s a look at some of those