The Bored Apes NFT collection is getting into the movie business
Coinbaseis working on a movie trilogy based on the Bored Aped Yacht Club ( BAYC).
- The crypto exchange has opened up auditions for BAYC members to showcase their apes.
- The first episode is slated to premier at the
NFT.NYC Conferencein June 2022.
⭐️DEFINITELY SOMETHING⭐️We're creating an interactive three-part film featuring the @BoredApeYC & @apecoin commun… https://t.co/QpoweZ39dF— Coinbase (@coinbase) 1649702915000
The movie is slated to take place in a ‘chaotic’ Midtown Manhattan, set at a time when digital goods and services are the primary measure of value in the market – simply put, crypto assets and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have replaced fiat currency.
The tussle between the old system and the new, results in the birth of new realms – the Dengens – “A new class of social adept, versed in the constantly re-invented tools of an ever accelerating economy,” according to the prologue.
Ape talent is lining up
The owners of the casted apes will be awarded a licensing fee of $10,000 in either Apecoin or Bitcoin, according to the official website. The licence will be a transaction, which gets recorded on-chain. This means that even if the ape is sold in the secondary market, the licence will be attached along with it.
Critics are concerned that the $10,000 fee will mean the surrender of all IP rights with respect to the chosen apes – a one time lump sum fee, with no profit sharing or any say on how the ape will be used in the movies.
@coinbase @BoredApeYC @apecoin @CoinbaseWallet @Coinbase_NFT APE HOLDERS PLEASE CHOOSE WISELYhttps://t.co/RymJE1GyKt— Dippudo ◕ ◕ (@dippudo) 1649720051000
Submissions for the first edition are open till April 13, 11:30 pm Indian Standard Time (IST). Coinbase plans to release the first episode of the series at the
Peyush Bansal’s Lenskart may now be valued at over $4 billion
Meta to test money-making tools for its virtual reality platform Horizon Worlds
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Putin signs unification treaties for new regions
- Meta shuts Bulletin newsletter, refocuses on algorithm to take on TikTok
- Biden sends letter to Yoon expressing willingness for talks on IRA
- India reports 2,468 fresh Covid cases, 17 deaths
- TRS meeting underway to convert itself into national party