Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are collectively worth over half a billion dollars. Here's a look inside the couple's real-estate portfolio, from their sprawling Wyoming ranch to their $60 million Hidden Hills mansion.
Angela Weiss/AFP/Getty Images
- Kanye West topped Forbes' list of the highest-paid hip-hop artists this year, with 2019 earnings of about $150 million and an estimated net worth of $240 million.
- His similarly mega-famous wife, Kim Kardashian West, has annual earnings of $72 million and an estimated net worth of $370 million, Forbes reports.
- The pair puts much of their wealth toward building up their real-estate portfolio. They currently share a mansion in Hidden Hills, a luxury condo on Miami Beach, and a sprawling ranch in Wyoming.
- West also recently tried to build an affordable housing development on 300 acres of his land in Calabasas.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Kanye West, who topped Forbes' list of the year's highest-paid hip-hop artists, recently bought a $14 million ranch in Wyoming. The ranch reportedly spans 1,400 acres of land about 75 miles east of Yellowstone National Park.
The impressive property is just one piece of the real estate portfolio West shares with his equally famous wife, Kim Kardashian West.
West recently tried to build an affordable housing development on his 300-acre property in Calabasas, just across Ventura highway from the pair's mansion in Hidden Hills. West also gifted Kardashian West a $14 million condo on South Beach, and they were previously attached to a Soho apartment that is currently for sale.
A representative for West didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from Business Insider.
Keep reading for an inside look at the couple's luxurious properties.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West will make a combined $222 million this year alone and are collectively worth over $500 million, according to Forbes. Their high net worths allow them to dabble in the luxury real estate market.
Earlier this month, TMZ reported that West bought a $14 million ranch in Wyoming, 75 miles east of Yellowstone National Park.
Known as Monster Lake Ranch, the property is said to span more than 1,400 acres.
The ranch features a restaurant and saloon, horse barns, and a state-of-the-art shooting range.
In an interview with Jimmy Fallon, Kardashian West said she envisions spending summers and weekends there. She's already given a glimpse of the ranch on Instagram.
That isn't the pair's only vacation home. Last winter, West bought a $14 million condo in the luxurious Faena House on Miami Beach as a Christmas present for his wife.
The four-bedroom, 4,700-square-foot South Beach condo has floor-to-ceiling windows and a wraparound terrace.
West is also interested in becoming a developer. Earlier this summer, he attempted to create an affordable housing development on 300 acres of his land in Calabasas.
He built "Star Wars"-inspired domes, but didn't have the necessary permits. As a result, the city of Los Angeles asked him to secure the permits or tear down the structures. West maintained that they were temporary prototypes but agreed to tear them down.
"I'm going to be one of the biggest real estate developers of all time, like what Howard Hughes is to aircraft and what Henry Ford was to cars," West told Charlamagne Tha God in a 2018 radio interview. "Anybody who's been to any of my cribs knows that I'm super into developing homes."
West and Kardashian West bought a home in Hidden Hills for $20 million in 2014. They then spent four years and another $20 million renovating it. The home is worth $60 million now, according to Kardashian West's mom, Kris Jenner.
The mansion is their primary residence and spans 15,667 square feet. The couple has always been particularly private about showing the home on social media, but Kardashian West filmed an installment of Vogue's "73 Questions" series at the home in April 2019.
In the video, Kardashian West described their monochromatic, airy space as "a minimal monastery."
The video showcases unbelievable features like flat sinks and floor to ceiling windows that bring in incredible natural light.
The couple previously lived in a 9,000-square-foot Bel Air mansion bought in 2013 for $11 million. They sold the home in 2017 for $17.8 million to Ukrainian billionaire Marina Acton. She later sold the house for $14 million in 2018.
Kardashian West reportedly bought a $1.6 million condo in the area in 2017. Her mom also bought two condos in the same luxury building.
West also previously owned a condo in New York City. He bought one unit in a Soho apartment building in 2004 and combined it with an adjacent unit in 2006 to achieve the current 2,427-square-foot open layout.
The condo was sold in 2018 and just went back on the market for $4.7 million.
The monochromatic apartment plays into the couple's sleek, minimalistic approach perfectly.
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report