Know how you can deal with your mid career crisis!
“When we think of our corporate career life cycle, we can divide it into five stages. The third stage is when we pass through our mid-career. I would define mid-career as a stage when a person has spent between eight and eighteen years in the corporate world. It is a point of inflection and a stage of transition. And like any transition, there is confusion in the mind about how to navigate to the next stage,” says
BI India lists down some very simple tips to deal with the big MCC!
Take a break
No, we aren’t asking you to quit your job and take a sabbatical. Remember, you are at such a level where you would be having financial and other personal obligations and hence, quitting your job may not be the best idea. Instead, we are asking you to take at least a few days off from office. Switch off the mobile and disconnect with your corporate world to reconnect with nature. This will not only help you rejuvenate but will also help you sort out things mentally.
Bid adieu to your comfort zone
When work becomes mundane and monotonous, understand that you have been in a comfort zone for too long. While it may feel safe doing the same job, it is equally important to break free from playing safe all the time. Expand your horizons, talk to your seniors about what you feel and what you feel you want to do.
Figure out what you really want to do
We mean that you may be a part of the corporate churn but do you really want to continue there? Are there other aspirations that you probably have forgotten in your bid to be successful in the rat race? Think of them and try to understand if you want to pursue them. But before you venture out into unknown terrains, it would be advisable that you make are prepared well for the risks as well.
Pursue your hobbies
Often, a lot of people tend to let go of their hobbies in a bid to pay more attention to their career. This is probably the time to get back and pursue them. If you like spirituality, join a spiritual group or if you have always enjoyed crafting, you should think about learning it professionally. Pursuing your hobbies are a great way to relax your mind and they also help you learn something new.
As cliché it may sound, a professional going through MCC must remember that the phase is temporary and will not last long. Having an optimistic attitude will help you sail through many challenges of life including the mid career crisis.
Image Credit: Indiatimes.com
Popular on BI
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Elon Musk praised Netflix for telling employees to quit if they couldn't work on content they disagreed with. He previously bashed the platform as having a 'woke mind virus.'
- The Terra LUNA crypto crash has sparked the debate on ‘true’ decentralisation
- Bharti Airtel's revenues soar by 22% year on year, net profit 165% in Q4FY22
- Volkswagen Virtus vs Skoda Slavia: Specifications and features compared
- LIC makes a weak debut on exchanges today: Here is what analysts have to say
- Top free iPhone and iPad games for all age groups
- Best phones under ₹50,000 in India