Ola to be the first cab aggregator in India to introduce e-cabs
Sales of electric vehicles in the country rose to 37.5% to 22,000 units in the year ended 31st March 2016 from 16,000 in 2014-15. India’s automobile industry is the sixth largest in the world and accounts for 22% of the country’s total manufacturing output and Electric Vehicles can play an important role in increasing the share of manufacturing in India’s GDP from the current 15% to 25% by 2022.
ALSO READ: DDB Mudra Group Announces a Youthful Leadership Transition
Although the adoption of EVs in India has witnessed a number of bottlenecks, the government has been committed to making India a 100% EV nation by 2030.Under a unique and innovative scheme named as FAME, Government will provide incentives up to Rs 1.38 lakh for every electric car sold and this is why it makes a lot of sense for public transport to follow suit and adopt this environment-friendly option.
ALSO READ: ShopClues’ merchants can ease cash flows by availing advance payments
Bhavish Aggarwal, CEO, and Cofounder, Ola had recently said in an event organized by
ALSO READ: This Exclusive Club in Mumbai Charges Rs. Ten Lakhs as Membership Fee
The home-grown cab aggregator’s move can be instrumental in not just economies of scale but also encourage production of more environment-friendly transport in the country.
- Three more IPOs to hit the Indian market next week — Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders, UTI AMC and Likhitha Infrastructure
- HDFC Bank and SBI customers are facing UPI payment glitches
- India is the second-largest market for Coursera with 9.8 million learners, right after the US
- Odisha witnesses highest single-day COVID-19 cases and a record 16 deaths in a single day
- Maruti Suzuki launches 'vehicle subscription programme' in 6 cities — these are the models offered