Ola to be the first cab aggregator in India to introduce e-cabs
Sales of electric vehicles in the country rose to 37.5% to 22,000 units in the year ended 31st March 2016 from 16,000 in 2014-15. India’s automobile industry is the sixth largest in the world and accounts for 22% of the country’s total manufacturing output and Electric Vehicles can play an important role in increasing the share of manufacturing in India’s GDP from the current 15% to 25% by 2022.
ALSO READ: DDB Mudra Group Announces a Youthful Leadership Transition
Although the adoption of EVs in India has witnessed a number of bottlenecks, the government has been committed to making India a 100% EV nation by 2030.Under a unique and innovative scheme named as FAME, Government will provide incentives up to Rs 1.38 lakh for every electric car sold and this is why it makes a lot of sense for public transport to follow suit and adopt this environment-friendly option.
ALSO READ: ShopClues’ merchants can ease cash flows by availing advance payments
Bhavish Aggarwal, CEO, and Cofounder, Ola had recently said in an event organized by
ALSO READ: This Exclusive Club in Mumbai Charges Rs. Ten Lakhs as Membership Fee
The home-grown cab aggregator’s move can be instrumental in not just economies of scale but also encourage production of more environment-friendly transport in the country.
Popular on BI
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley