Congress revokes suspension of two MLAs who had rebelled against the Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan
- They were suspended from the party's primary membership last month over their alleged involvement in a "conspiracy" to topple the
Congressgovernment in the state.
- The decision to revoke the suspension of the two MLAs follows a patch-up between
Ashok Gehlotand his sacked deputy Sachin Pilotafter the intervention of the party's top leadership in Delhi.
The Congress on Thursday revoked the suspension of
They were suspended from the party's primary membership last month over their alleged involvement in a "conspiracy" to topple the Congress government in the state.
The decision to revoke the suspension of the two MLAs follows a patch-up between Ashok Gehlot and his sacked deputy Sachin Pilot after the intervention of the party's top leadership in Delhi.
"After a consultative discussion, the suspension of @INCRajasthan MLA Sh. Bhanwarlal Sharma Ji and Sh. @vishvendrabtp ji is hereby revoked," AICC general secretary Avinash Pande tweeted.
The Congress had taken action against them on July 17 after three audio tapes allegedly pertaining to the conspiracy to topple the government surfaced.
Both the MLAs were issued show cause notices.
Prior to this, Singh was also sacked from the Ashok Gehlot cabinet along with Pilot and Ramesh Meena on July 14, in a disciplinary action after they failed to attend CLP meetings.
Singh held the portfolio of the tourism whereas Pilot was deputy CM and Ramesh Meena was food and civil supply minister.
The revolt by Pilot and 18 dissident MLAs led to a political crisis in the state. After the party high command intervened in the matter on Monday, the MLAs returned to Jaipur.
The chief minister has called a meeting of the Congress Legislature Party at his residence on Thursday at 5 pm, a day before the state assembly session is scheduled to begin.
Trump was rushed from the briefing room by Secret Service after a shooting outside the White House
McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now
A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s
Popular on BI
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Bill Gates says political polarization 'may bring it all to an end' and could even lead to a civil war
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000
- Oracle’s MySQL Heatwave is now available on Amazon Web Services
- ED files charge sheet against Soumyendra Nath Banerjee, former telecom department official
- Kanpur-based Lohia Corp files IPO papers with SEBI
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World