The entire New York congressional delegation has now called for Governor Cuomo to resign
- Reps. Hakeem Jeffries, Tom Suozzi, and Gregory Meeks called jointly for Cuomo's resignation on Tuesday.
- All 27 House members and both Sens. Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand called for Cuomo to resign.
- The resignation calls come after the NY AG's investigation into Gov. Cuomo's sexual misconduct.
New York representatives Hakeem Jeffries, Tom Suozzi, and Gregory Meeks released a joint press statement calling on New York Gov. Cuomo to resign on Tuesday, following the conclusion of a sexual misconduct investigation by state Attorney General Letitia James.
-ABC News (@ABC) August 3, 2021
"The investigation has found that the Governor engaged in abusive behavior toward women, including subordinates, created a hostile work environment and violated state and federal law," said the lawmakers. "The time has come for Governor Andrew Cuomo to do the right thing for the people of New York State and resign."
The trio had previously said that James should have time to conclude her investigation into Cuomo.
With the joint statement by the 3 Democrats and a statement from a Republican, every single member of Congress from New York has now called for Cuomo to resign. Some of those members on Tuesday reiterated their calls for the embattled governor to step down.
-The Recount (@therecount) August 3, 2021
Sens. Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand released a joint statement as well, reiterating their prior calls for Cuomo to resign.
-Kelly O'Donnell (@KellyO) August 3, 2021
"The reported actions of the Governor were profoundly disturbing, inappropriate and completely unacceptable," they said. "The people of New York deserve better leadership in the governor's office.
In addition to all 19 Democrats, all 8 Republican members of Congress from New York have also called for the Governor's resignation, with Rep. Elise Stefanik - the recently elected House Republican caucus chair - even calling for his arrest.
Rep. Andrew Garbarino, who did not appear to have called for Cuomo's resignation before, told Insider "with the findings of the New York AG, it's time for him to resign."
Despite the entire congressional delegation calling for his resignation, Cuomo continues to resist doing so, going as far as airing a montage of him kissing and touching different people in a bid to defend himself.
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons