Princess Beatrice is engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi. Here's everything we know about the property tycoon and single dad descended from Italian aristocracy.
Princess Eugenie/Buckingham Palace
- Britain's Princess Beatrice of York and property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are engaged to be married, the Duke of York announced September 26.
- The couple got engaged during a weekend trip to Italy earlier in September, the Duke of York said in a statement revealing the news.
- Mozzi has a son named Wolfie from a previous broken engagement, the BBC reported.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Britain's next royal wedding is on the horizon: Princess Beatrice of York and property developer Edoardo "Edo" Mapelli Mozzi are engaged."We are extremely happy to be able to share the news of our recent engagement," the couple said in a statement on Thursday, revealing that they became engaged earlier this month. "We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can't wait to be married. We share so many similar interests and values and we know this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness."Advertisement
Read more: 7 of the weirdest and most fascinating royal conspiracy theories
Princess Beatrice is a granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and currently ninth in line for the throne, according to the BBC.Representatives of the Royal family did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment on Mozzi's personal life, career, or relationship with Princess Beatrice.
Keep reading to learn more about the property tycoon who will soon be the newest royal spouse.
Edoardo "Edo" Mapelli Mozzi comes from a family of Italian aristocrats.
Mozzi was a friend of the royal family long before he began dating Beatrice.Advertisement
According to the New York Times, Mozzi founded London-based property development firm Banda in 2007, when he was just 23.
Mozzi also serves as the firm's CEO, according to his LinkedIn profile.Advertisement
He also cofounded a nonprofit that teaches cricket to people in Rwanda called Cricket Builds Hope with his brother Alby Shale in October 2011.
Mozzi has a son named Wolfie from a previous engagement.Advertisement
In his free time, the businessman enjoys both skiing ...
... and being by the ocean.Advertisement
Mozzi and Princess Beatrice have been romantically involved for about two years, BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond estimates.
The pair made their first public appearance as a couple in March 2019.Advertisement
The couple got engaged during a weekend trip to Italy in September 2019, the Duke of York announced.
Mozzi designed Princess Beatrice's engagement ring himself.Advertisement
"You will never be alone my love, my heart is your home," Mozzi wrote on Instagram alongside additional engagement photos. "Hand in hand, today, tomorrow and forever."
- Best kids umbrellas that make rain or sun more fun
- Air India Express plane crash leaves 16 dead including both pilots with investigative teams on their way
- Best budget microwave ovens in India
- Best coffee mugs for cosy conversations & more
- First Man, Bandish Bandits— and other shows that you can watch on Netflix, Zee5, Disney+ Hotstar, and Amazon Prime