Sacred Games 2 has bummed out fans with out-of-sync subtitles and many more gaffes— but reviewers are raving about it
- The spy thriller starring Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui was praised by the critics as “Banger”.
- However, Twitter is full of memes from the very fans who spent the August 15 midnight, glued to Netflix instead of sending Happy Independence Day texts.
Dear Netlflix and Sacred Games team why man why why so curious ending why? What happened after that why u didn't l… https://t.co/GiRpVUjBiI— Bunty Sacred Games Wala (@NJ044) 1565859796000
Twitter is flooded with memes from the very fans who spent the August 15 midnight, glued to Netflix instead of sending Happy Independence Day texts.
“If Sacred Games S1 was an exquisite 5 course meal curated by top chefs of the industry, #SacredGamesS2 is tinde ki sabji made by an angry maid jisko pichle 3 saal se diwali ka bonus nahi mila. Awfully bad and worst is it's painfully boring,” a user said.
Some others said that the show was caught between underperformers and immaturity. Twitterati expressed its angst in the form of memes.
Me after completing Sacred games 2 https://t.co/di79RZQfpk— Aashutosh Rajput (@Rajput_Ashu13) 1565868014000
My reaction after watching sacred games season 2. #SacredGamesSeason2 @NetflixIndia https://t.co/sZl2fPFQH3— Amir shaikh (@iamamir7297) 1565898227000
Disappointed for the ending #SacredGamesS2 #SacredGames https://t.co/FA4jjAvol2— Sakib MD Nazmush (@nazmush_md) 1565921283000
Users also compared Sacred Games with the finale of Game of Thrones, which in itself was a "huge disappointment" as per critics.
Don’t see how they will make Sacred Games 3 now with where Season 2 ended Very likely #SacredGamesS2 is the end of… https://t.co/FkDc9o2vLW— Aashim (@broken602) 1565891553000
The buzz created by the second season trailer was so high that Netflix advanced its release by four hours. This is the most expensive show that Netflix has created in India, but also has a wide audience overseas.
In fact, the show is popular across several countries including Latin America, the US and Europe, and reviews from its international audience is still awaited. "Two out of every three Sacred Games viewers were from outside India," Netflix said earlier.
Are the English subtitles on the episode 2 of sacred Games out of sync for anyone else?— p (@maxprat) 1565812820000
Netflix spent ₹100 crore on the second season, yet there were other disappointments that came with it. It could not contain the show from leaking onto the internet. All the episodes were available reportedly available online on several sites within 12 hours of release. TamilRockers, the notorious piracy website in India infamous for leaking almost every movie, had also ‘launched’ the show on its site.
Sacred Games Season 2 Episode 1 : https://t.co/StUEKZo7NG 2 : https://t.co/LlFp7G7p12 3 :… https://t.co/VkkW7FM9Zc— Pandey (@Jhalla_wallah) 1565855738000
The ₹1 billion Sacred Games 2 is Netflix’s biggest bet in India so far
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- The COVID-19 crisis in India is getting worse with state administrations trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings