Steph Curry's kids designed sneakers as a birthday gift for him, and the Warriors star rocked them in his next game
- Golden State Warriors sharpshooter Steph Curry celebrated his 33rd birthday on Sunday.
- The NBA superstar's children surprised him with custom-made sneakers as a birthday present.
- The Warriors' All-Star point guard rocked the Curry Flow 8s in Golden State's next game.
Steph Curry has done it all during his illustrious NBA career.
But on Sunday, his 33rd birthday, the Golden State Warriors superstar did something he's never done in his 12 years in the league.
Curry wore shoes designed by his kids.
Riley, Ryan, and Canon Curry - ages 8, 5, and 2, respectively - teamed up to create a special colorway of the Under Armour Curry Flow 8s in honor of their dad's birthday. The trio sent the two-time NBA MVP and seven-time All-Star on a scavenger hunt to find their creative present.
"You gotta put that brain to thinking," one of the kids said as they all searched for clues around their house.
The hunt culminated with Curry discovering a shoebox with his name on it in the kitchen cabinet. He opened it to find pink and blue sneakers accompanied by snippets of the kids' design materials. Riley, the eldest of the three, then explained that she and her brother and sister "got to color and design them however we wanted."
"And then we put all our designs together to make the shoe," Riley said.
The special sneakers evidently brought Curry some birthday luck. As the Warriors took on the Western Conference-leading Utah Jazz at home Sunday night, the sharpshooter rocked his new kicks and led Golden State to its first win in March.
His kids were even in the stands to witness their dad's game-leading 32-point, 9-assist performance. After the victory, Curry embraced his little man in front of the cameras.
Chef Curry fans and sneaker aficionados alike can preorder their own pair of the Riley, Ryan, and Canon-designed kicks for shipment by March 22. The Tropic Pink / Capri colorway of the Curry Flow 8s goes for $160 on the Under Armour website.
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story
- Budget 2023-24: All you need to know about FM’s announcements on personal tax
- It's Sitharaman's shortest-ever budget speech, during which PM thumped his desk 124 times
- Some of Adani Group's debt funded capex projects are discretionary, can be deferred: ICRA
- Budget strengthens fundamental pillars of inclusivity, sustainability: FICCI