Indian dining chain Barbeque Nation’s IPO gets subscribed almost 6 times
- Barbeque Nation is looking to raise ₹180 crore from fresh issue of shares and an offer for sale up to 54.5 lakh shares.
- The basis of allotment for the IPO will be announced on April 1, 2021 while its shares will list by April 7, 2021.
- The company has grown from a single outlet in 2008 to over 160 restaurants across 77 cities in India and six international restaurants.
The company, which operates the Indian restaurant chain Barbeque Nation and Italian chain Toscano, is looking to raise ₹180 crore from fresh issue of shares and an offer for sale up to 5.45 million shares.
The allotment for the IPO will be announced on April 1 while its shares will list on the stock exchanges by April 7, 2021.
|Qualified Institutional Buyers||5.11 times|
|Retail individual||13.12 times|
Barbeque Nation is not a new name in the industry. From presence in top metros to smaller cities, the restaurant chain is quite popular across the country. The company has grown from a single outlet in 2008 to over 160 restaurants across 77 cities in India and six international restaurants.
However, while Barbeque Nation’s revenue has grown consistently, over the years, its mounting losses are also a cause of concern.
Not surprisingly, Barbeque Nation’s IPO hadn’t impressed a lot of analysts. “The Covid-19 pandemic, too, has had an adverse impact on the operations of the company. Hence, we expect profits will remain under pressure over the medium term,” said Jyoti Roy, DVP- Equity Strategist, Angel Broking who gave a ‘neutral’ rating for the IPO.
Roy’s rationale is that at the higher end of the price band, the shares are expensive compared to the company’s future earnings potential.
Indian companies will have to disclose cryptocurrency holdings from April 1 – industry insiders welcome decision
- SaaS unicorn Druva, which manages data for NASA, Pfizer, and GameStop, raises $147 million; valuation crosses $2 billion
- Allahabad High Court orders complete lockdown in UP's Lucknow, Prayagraj, Kanpur, Varanasi and Gorakhpur districts till April 26
- Punjab government imposes stricter curbs including extension of night curfew timings in surge of COVID-19 cases
- You can now transfer your Facebook posts to WordPress and Blogger
- Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians, the finalists from last season meet in the 13th match of IPL 2021