'Big Short' investor Michael Burry made a 1,500% gain on GameStop during its Reddit-fueled rally
Michael Burrybriefly reached a 1,500% gain on his GameStopinvestment on Monday.
- The "Big Short" investor's 1.7 million shares soared in value to $271 million at the peak.
- GameStop shares surged up to 145% on Monday as day traders piled in.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Michael Burry is best known as the investor who made a billion-dollar bet against the US housing market and won. His latest victory could stem from an unlikely source: GameStop.Burry's
Along with Chewy cofounder Ryan Cohen, Burry has been agitating for changes at GameStop for a while. The Scion boss penned a letter to the company's directors in August 2019, arguing the low stock price and massive short interest suggested a lack of faith in management, and calling for a massive share buy-back.
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year