Info Edge’s remaining stake in Zomato is worth ₹15,000 crore
- Info Edge, one of the biggest promoters of Zomato, sold 3.32% stake in
Zomatovia initial public offering (IPO) and currently holds 15.23%.
- Info Edge had sold shares worth ₹ 375 crore in an offer for sale which has multiplied into ₹15,000 crore after listing.
- This is because Zomato made a strong listing on exchanges today with a 51% premium and the market capitalisation soared to nearly ₹98,000 crore soon after.
AdvertisementThe market value of Info Edge’s stake in the newly-listed internet company Zomato has surged to a little less than ₹15,000 crore, which is about a quarter of its own market capitalisation. However, the stock showed little excitement post the successful listing of Zomato, one of its earliest investments.
Info Edge sold a 3.3% stake in the food delivery startup for ₹375 crore through the IPO. That would peg the total stake before IPO at about ₹11,000 crore. But now, after the
Initially the Sanjeev Bikhchandani-led Indian internet company was to sell shares worth ₹750 crore. Later, Info Edge, in a stock exchange filing released on July 4, said the board members have considered a reduction in the size of the offer for sale to ₹375 crore by the company.
SEE ALSO: Zomato makes a strong public market debut at 51% premium, shares open at ₹115
Vodafone Idea sinks nearly 10% and Airtel tumbles a bit after India’s Supreme Court denies a discount on past dues
Popular on BI
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn