Info Edge’s remaining stake in Zomato is worth ₹15,000 crore
- Info Edge, one of the biggest promoters of Zomato, sold 3.32% stake in
Zomatovia initial public offering (IPO) and currently holds 15.23%.
- Info Edge had sold shares worth ₹ 375 crore in an offer for sale which has multiplied into ₹15,000 crore after listing.
- This is because Zomato made a strong listing on exchanges today with a 51% premium and the market capitalisation soared to nearly ₹98,000 crore soon after.
Info Edge sold a 3.3% stake in the food delivery startup for ₹375 crore through the IPO. That would peg the total stake before IPO at about ₹11,000 crore. But now, after the
Initially the Sanjeev Bikhchandani-led Indian internet company was to sell shares worth ₹750 crore. Later, Info Edge, in a stock exchange filing released on July 4, said the board members have considered a reduction in the size of the offer for sale to ₹375 crore by the company.
SEE ALSO: Zomato makes a strong public market debut at 51% premium, shares open at ₹115
Vodafone Idea sinks nearly 10% and Airtel tumbles a bit after India’s Supreme Court denies a discount on past dues
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike