Tepid debut for UTI AMC—shares list at 12% discount over the issue price
- The shares of
UTI AMC, listed at ₹490.25, which is at a 11.5% discount to the IPO price band set at ₹552 -554 per share.
- However, within minutes after listing, the shares of UTI AMC gained nearly 5.17% of their value and were trading at ₹515.60 apiece at 10:10 am.
- The investor pessimism for ₹2,160 crore IPO of UTI AMC already reflected in the subscription number ahead of the listing— the UTI AMC issue was subscribed 2.21 times on the last day of bidding.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Within minutes after listing, the shares of UTI AMC gained nearly 5.17% of their value and were trading at ₹515.60 apiece at 10:10 am.
The total market cap of UTI AMC rose to ₹6,605.62 crore at 10:10 am. A total traded quantity of 3.09 lakh shares changed hands on BSE, amounting to a turnover of ₹15.74 crore. The company will trade with the symbol of ‘UTIAMC’ on the Indian stock exchanges.
AdvertisementWhy did it fail to garner investors’ interest?
The investor pessimism for ₹2,160 crore IPO of UTI AMC already reflected in the subscription number ahead of the listing— the company received the lowest number of subscriptions compared to its other IPO peers Mazagon Dock and Likhitha Infrastructure. The UTI AMC issue was subscribed 2.21 times on the last day of bidding.
Most of the brokerage reports highlighted various vital factors that may impact its business in the near future. According to HDFC Securities report, UTI AMC has a huge reliance on big clients and underperformance by any of these funds may have a disproportionate adverse impact on AUM and thereby income.
As of June 30, 2020, UTI AMCs top six active equity funds constituted 75.3% of total Quarterly Average Assets Under Management (QAAUM) of active equity funds while top five passive equity funds constituted 98.7% of total QAAUM of passive equity funds. UTI AMC has only four liquid and money market funds, the report highlighted.
SEE ALSO: Top stocks to watch — Vedanta, Wipro, RITES, Mazagon Dock, UTI AMC, Glenmark Pharma, and others
China launches Earth observation satellite amid border tensions with India
Popular on BI
- Here’s why there is less adoption of the new tax regime and how budget 2022 can make it more attractive
- A market guru explains why real estate, housing and textiles should get some budget boost
- From tax structure rationalisation to expanding EV charging infrastructure, here’s what the industry wants from Budget 2022
- Best smartphones with 3.5mm headphone jack
- Best budget feature-packed TVs in India