Top stocks to watch – Infosys, Wipro, Jubilant FoodWorks, Bajaj Auto, Majesco, and others
- At 7:45 am, SGX Nifty was down by 50 points, or 0.38%.
- Here’s a list of
stocks to watchfor in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
At 7:45 am, SGX Nifty was down by 50 points, or 0.38%, suggesting that the Indian stock exchanges will have a tepid start to the day. This is at a time when US stocks had a mixed day as stimulus optimism clashed with the new virus strain. The Dow Jones closed in the red, down by 0.67%, while S&P 500 was down by 0.21%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session today
AdvertisementInfosys has announced a deal with German automotive giant Daimler AG. As part of the deal, Infosys will take over Daimler AG’s employees in Germany, the US and the Asia Pacific region.
Wipro has announced a share buyback program which will open on December 29 and close on January 11. Additionally, the IT company has also announced a deal with German multinational company Metro AG.
According to the ₹9,500 crore worth buyback offer, Wipro plans to purchase shares at ₹400 per share, which is 10% more than yesterday’s (Dec 22) closing price of ₹364, looking to mop up 23.75 crore shares from the market.
Additionally, Wipro has signed a $700 million deal with Metro AG that will bring over 1,300 employees of the German company to Wipro.
Mahindra & Mahindra
Mahindra’s South Korean subsidiary SsangYong Motor has filed for bankruptcy after failing to repay loans worth ₹680 crore.
The company has announced “The Unthinkable Pizza” based on plant protein. This comes after it had announced its foray into biryani (an Indian rice-based dish) that sent its stock soaring to a record high.
Bajaj Auto has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Maharashtra government to set up a manufacturing unit with an investment of ₹650 crore.
AdvertisementPunjab National Bank
State insurer Life Insurance Corporation of India has increased its stake in the bank from 4.12% to 7.73%.
One of the hottest stocks in the news recently, it will be worth watching out for today as its promoter Ketan Mehta and others sold 10.5 lakh shares while Atul Limited acquired 2.14 shares.
The company received a boost in its ratings from CRISIL, who revised its outlook to ‘positive’ from ‘stable’.
Apple's market value grows by $102 billion after report says the company aims to produce electric cars by 2024
US stocks close mixed as stimulus optimism clashes with new virus strain
Billionaire investor Sam Zell questions Tesla and Bitcoin, predicts workers will return to offices, and warns the US dollar could be replaced as the world's reserve currency in a new interview. Here are the 15 best quotes.
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Best toddler bags for kids in India
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future