Top stocks to watch – Infosys, Wipro, Jubilant FoodWorks, Bajaj Auto, Majesco, and others
- At 7:45 am, SGX Nifty was down by 50 points, or 0.38%.
- Here’s a list of
stocks to watchfor in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian stock markets could see a bounce back on Tuesday after the massive plunge on Monday.
At 7:45 am, SGX Nifty was down by 50 points, or 0.38%, suggesting that the Indian stock exchanges will have a tepid start to the day. This is at a time when US stocks had a mixed day as stimulus optimism clashed with the new virus strain. The Dow Jones closed in the red, down by 0.67%, while S&P 500 was down by 0.21%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session today
Infosys has announced a deal with German automotive giant Daimler AG. As part of the deal, Infosys will take over Daimler AG’s employees in Germany, the US and the Asia Pacific region.
Wipro has announced a share buyback program which will open on December 29 and close on January 11. Additionally, the IT company has also announced a deal with German multinational company Metro AG.
According to the ₹9,500 crore worth buyback offer, Wipro plans to purchase shares at ₹400 per share, which is 10% more than yesterday’s (Dec 22) closing price of ₹364, looking to mop up 23.75 crore shares from the market.
Additionally, Wipro has signed a $700 million deal with Metro AG that will bring over 1,300 employees of the German company to Wipro.
Mahindra & Mahindra
Mahindra’s South Korean subsidiary SsangYong Motor has filed for bankruptcy after failing to repay loans worth ₹680 crore.
The company has announced “The Unthinkable Pizza” based on plant protein. This comes after it had announced its foray into biryani (an Indian rice-based dish) that sent its stock soaring to a record high.
Bajaj Auto has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Maharashtra government to set up a manufacturing unit with an investment of ₹650 crore.
Punjab National Bank
State insurer Life Insurance Corporation of India has increased its stake in the bank from 4.12% to 7.73%.
One of the hottest stocks in the news recently, it will be worth watching out for today as its promoter Ketan Mehta and others sold 10.5 lakh shares while Atul Limited acquired 2.14 shares.
The company received a boost in its ratings from CRISIL, who revised its outlook to ‘positive’ from ‘stable’.
Apple's market value grows by $102 billion after report says the company aims to produce electric cars by 2024
US stocks close mixed as stimulus optimism clashes with new virus strain
Billionaire investor Sam Zell questions Tesla and Bitcoin, predicts workers will return to offices, and warns the US dollar could be replaced as the world's reserve currency in a new interview. Here are the 15 best quotes.
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media