Top stocks to watch — RIL, Future Retail, BPCL, Wipro, L&T, and others
- At 7:50 am, the SGX Nifty was down 0.23%, indicating a tepid start for Nifty50.
- Here’s a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian stock-market indices are likely to open flat on Tuesday, on the back of mixed cues from the global peers. At 7:50 am, the SGX Nifty was down 0.23%, indicating a tepid start for Nifty50.
Vaccine trial hopes are boosting global markets. US stocks soared as Moderna’s vaccine update shows its coronavirus vaccine is 94.5% effective against COVID-19. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 470 points higher, and the S&P 500 closed 1.16% higher.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session today:
India’s richest man Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Industries’ retail arm has picked up 96% stake in online furniture retailer Urban Ladder for over ₹182 crore. The company said this acquisition would help Reliance Retail in bolstering its presence in the fast-growing e-commerce segment and widening the bouquet of consumer products provided by it as it looks to compete with e-commerce majors like Amazon and Flipkart.
The shares of Reliance Industries ended 1.09% higher on Saturday.
Amazon is seeking to control 100% of Future Retail by controlling the entire Kishore Biyani’s Groups majority equity in FRL, which means with an investment of ₹1,431 crore, it seeks to control Future Groups assets worth about ₹30,000 crore.
The shares of Future Retail ended flat on Saturday.
The much-anticipated privatisation process of the Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) completed its first phase on Monday with several suitors submitting Expressions of Interest (EoI) for the state-run oil major.
The transaction will move to the second stage after scrutiny by the transaction adviser, according to a tweet from the Secretary of the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM).
AdvertisementThe shares of BPCL ended 5% higher on Saturday.
The global information technology giant Wipro and SNP Schneider-Neureither & Partner SE announced a strategic partnership to help customers accelerate their enterprise transformation journey.
As part of the partnership, Wipro will leverage SNP’s CrystalBridge data transformation platform and the Bluefield approach to provide customers worldwide with a flexible, fast and secure migration to SAP S/4HANA, a statement said.
The shares of Wipro ended 0.10% higher on Saturday.
AdvertisementLarsen & Toubro
Engineering and construction giant Larsen & Toubro has emerged as the lowest bidder for a ₹3,200 crore project to build a road bridge over the Brahmaputra river, according to an NHIDCL official. It will be one of the longest road bridges over a river in the country and on completion will connect two eastern states - Assam and Meghalaya.
The shares of Larsen & Toubro ended 1% lower on Saturday.
The state-owned construction firm NBCC on Monday said it had bagged business orders worth ₹1,165.52 crore last month.
The shares of NBCC ended 0.4% lower on Saturday.
The cinema giant PVR has launched a new single screen cinema in Lucknow, and opened three new screens in Faridabad.
The shares of PVR ended 0.5% higher on Saturday.
SEE ALSO: Moderna says its coronavirus vaccine is 94.5% effective against COVID-19, a crucial victory in the fight against the pandemic
Dow soars 450 points to new record as Moderna's vaccine update boosts investor optimism
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Why the melting of the Arctic ice matters to India
- The economics behind Reliance Jio’s operations
- Akshay Kumar-led 'Cuttputlli' sets September 2 premiere on Disney+ Hotstar
- Best anti-dandruff shampoos to buy in India
- India’s first electric double-decker bus launched in Mumbai; to foster sustainability in Transport Sector