How to insert a blank page in Word and keep your document's formatting intact
- You can add a blank page into a
Worddocument by clicking the Blank Page option in the Insert menu.
- Using this option will keep your Word document's formatting intact.
- You can also insert a new page break in a
Microsoft Worddocument to add space between sections.
Microsoft Word allows you to insert blank pages between existing pages with just a few clicks.
It's a helpful feature when you're working on long documents or presentations, because it seamlessly inserts a blank page without disrupting the format of the existing content.
Page breaks are another option for adding space between sections. This formatting tool moves the content after a page break to the beginning of the next page.
Quick tip: When you're working on a long, complex document, you can quickly add or look for blank pages and page breaks by clicking "View," then selecting the "Navigation Pane" box, then "Pages."
If you want to add or insert a new blank page into your existing Word document, here are two ways to do it.
How to add a page in Word
- To insert a blank page into your document, place your cursor near the word or line you want a new page. For example, if you want a new page between the second and third page of your document, place the cursor on the last typed line of page two.
- Click Insert.
Choose Blank Page and wait for a new blank page to open.
How to add a page break in Word
- To insert a page break into your document, click to place your cursor near where you want the page break to begin.
- Click Insert.
Choose Page Break.
Quick tip: If your Word document window is minimized and doesn't cover your entire screen, you may need to click a Pages option before selecting either Blank Page or Page Break.How to draw freely on Microsoft Word or insert shapes to customize documentsHow to delete a page in Microsoft Word, even if you can't delete any text from itHow to open a Microsoft Word document in Pages on a Mac computer, and export a Pages file back to WordHow to double space in Microsoft Word on different versions of the word processor
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others