Realme 5i is a budget device with quad rear cameras, 5,000mAh battery
- The Realme 5i features a 6.5-inch display, quad rear cameras and a 5,000mAh battery.
- The Realme 5i has been priced at ₹8,999 and will go on sale from January 15.
Chinese smartphone maker Realme has announced the launch of a new budget device, dubbed as the Realme 5i in India. After teasing the device earlier this week, the company has launched the successor of the Realme 3i in India.
The main highlights of the Realme 5i are the quad rear camera setup and the big 5,000mAh battery. It is also the most affordable smartphone that is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset.
Realme 5i pricing and availability
The Realme 5i with 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage has been priced at ₹8,999. It will be available in Aqua Blue and Forest Green colour options from Flipkart and realme.com starting from January 15.
Realme 5i specifications
The Realme 5i runs on Android 9.0 Pie with Color OS 6.1 realme edition skinned on top. Realme has customized Color OS for its devices.
The Realme 5i features a 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels) resolution display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection. The device is powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with Adreno 610 GPU.
|12MP primary camera||Sony IMX386 sensor, f/1.8 aperture|
|8MP ultrawide angle||f/2.25 aperture|
|2MP depth sensor||f/2.4 aperture|
|2MP macro||f/2.4 aperture|
|8MP primary (front)||f/2.4 aperture|
The Realme 5i is powered by a 5,000mAh battery with 10W charging support. Connectivity options on the device include dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm audio jack, GPS and a micro USB port.
Prospects of affordable 5G smartphones get another boost with MediaTek’s latest chipset
Realme X50 5G announced with 120Hz display, quad rear cameras, dual selfie cameras and more
Smartphone makers Realme and Xiaomi will compete in the financial services market too
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30
- September two-wheeler sales expectations — Hero MotoCorp expected to outperform Bajaj Auto and TVS Motor