How to find out in 2 easy steps if your data was exposed in an online breach
- Check if your email account or
passwordis compromised in two easy steps on haveibeenpwned.com.
- Billions of online records have been exposed in the past decade through breaches, hacks, or leaks.
View all Offers
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 5 Seater Fabric RHS L Shape Sofa Set (Grey)₹ 27999₹ 39000Buy On
- 28% OFF
Sleepwell Starlite Discover 4-inch Firm Single Size Foam Mattress (72*36*4 Inches)₹ 3299₹ 3358Buy On
- 21% OFF
Wipro Smart Mid Back High Resilience Foam Home-Office Chair,Synchro tilt Mechanism,Adjustable armrest,Ergonomic Foam backrest,Waterfall Edge seat,3yr wrnty,BIFMA&Green Certified,IDM Winner(Black)₹ 9779₹ 14400Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Biela Single Seater Fabric Recliner (Brown)₹ 15999₹ 21999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Petra Solid Sheesham Wood King Bed (Teak Finish)₹ 14419₹ 50000Buy On
Maintained by security analyst Troy Hunt, the database on haveibeenpwned.com, lets you check if one of your email addresses or passwords has been compromised, or "pwned," in internet speak.
After typing the website into your browser, you just have to type in the address of the email account you wish to check for breaches. The site cross-references that
Here's an example:
Then, just click the "pwned?" button next to the search bar.
If your account is in the clear, you'll get a green page that says "Good
If your account details have been leaked, you'll see a red screen that says, "Oh no -- pwned!" It will tell me how many data breaches the email has been found in and where it may have been "pasted" to a publicly facing website.
Over the weekend, more than 500 million Facebook users' phone numbers, full names, locations, email addresses, and biographical information were leaked online, Insider reported. That adds to the more than 4 billion online records that have been stolen or accidentally leaked in the last 10 years, according to data from the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse.
If affected, consumers should take steps to secure their accounts by changing a password and setting up two-factor authentication.
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season