MG ZS EV’s advance bookings are higher than all of 2019’s EV sales
Rajeev Chaba, Managing Director and President, MG Motor India launches ZS EV / MG Motor India
- The MG ZS electric vehicle is now available for purchase in 5 cities across India.
- Customers who had pre-booked their ZS EV will get a discount of ₹1 lakh.
- MG is offering a 5-year warranty on the car. Customers also get free fast charging at MG dealerships for a limited time period.
The British automaker who had a successful launch of MG Hector, is now doling out many attractive offers with the EV cars. Customers who have booked the car before January 17 will get a discount of ₹1 lakh.
It is also offering a special warranty plan called MG eShield. This plan offers 5-year manufacturer's warranty for unlimited kilometers and 8-year or 1,50,000-kilometer warranty on the battery.
The car which will be assembled at its Halol plant in Gujarat, is available for order in five cities – Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad.
“The ZS EV is a globally-successful product that operates at the intersection of an EV’s sustainability, an SUV’s practicality, and a sports car’s performance. It comes with best-in-class features and tech capabilities at a compelling price point. We are confident that this unprecedented value proposition will incentivise more consumers across India to go electric,” said Rajeev Chaba, President and MD – MG Motor India.
The ZS EV’s running cost is pegged at ₹1 per km, as per electricity rates in Delhi-NCR.
The carmaker also said that it has already received 2,800 bookings in 27 days after it announced it in December. “The number of bookings received for the ZS EV outpaces the total number of EV cars sold in India in 2019,” the press release says.
Windmill inspires wheels
The MG ZS EV can go from 0-100kmph in 8.5 seconds.
It does not look radically different from regular cars, and that is probably by design. It has windmill-inspired wheels, projector headlamps with daytime running lights, and keyless entry/lock.
Internally, the ZS EV has an 8-inch panel that helps manage the car. It comes with six airbags, 3-point seat belts for all passengers, a PM2.5 filter and a sunroof. The engine is rated at 141 BHP and 353Nm torque.
MG claims that the ZS EV offers a range of up to 340km. MG has also set up fast chargers at its dealerships in the five cities mentioned above. These fast chargers can charge the ZS EV from 0-80% in 50 minutes. Buyers can charge their cars for free at these dealerships for a limited time period.
Apart from this, MG will install a 7.4kW AC charger at the home or office of the car owners. This charger can fully replenish the battery of the ZS EV in 6-8 hours.
MG Motors’ 5G ready electric car will send low battery-over speeding alerts – and even understand Indian accent
8 ideas for Budget 2020 to make EV batteries cheaper
Budget 2020: Auto industry expectations range from GST cuts to another EV boost
- TN crosses one lakh COVID-19 mark; more tests, early detection
- Over 2.75 lakh COVID-19 tests, 17k per day since rapid-antigen testing began in Delhi
- As world battles COVID, Buddha's teachings serve as beacon, provide lasting solutions: Prez, PM
- Lockdown: 65% children became device addictive, reveals study
- Indian-led team develops cheap, electricity free centrifuge for COVID-19 testing