The 'world's dumbest app' helps your friends find you in a crowd
"I'm just about to show you the world's dumbest app, are you ready?" asks LookFor creator Logan Riley, before holding up his flashing phone for the cameras to see. "Yep, it's exactly what it looks like ... it's a f------ blinking light."
That's a good way to describe LookFor, the newest dumb app to make waves over at Product Hunt. A more technical description of LookFor would be a "short-range friend finder," but it's literally just an app that blinks to make it easier to spot people in a crowd by giving you a big blinking light to wave around.
The idea is to use LookFor at concerts, movie theaters, sporting events, bars, and other use-cases like catching a cab where you need to stand out.
Riley originally came up with the idea last year when he was attending the music festival Coachella and needed an easy way to be noticed within the teeming crowds. The idea worked, and after a successful Kickstarter, LookFor is officially here.
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts