The billionaires who want to fly Jet Airways are also the world's largest bus manufacturers
Jet Airwayshad caught the attention of Srichand and Gopichand Hinduja, who are worth $16 billion.
- Jet may not be the biggest bet Hindujas ever made. Their first major acquisition was Ashok Leyland in 1987.
- The Hindujas are one of the wealthiest families in the UK
Last week, Jet Airways stock suddenly jumped 6.9%, even as the airline was grounded for seven months. The stock started buzzing after Indian-born Hinduja brothers, who run the London-based group worth $50 billion, are showing interest, yet again.
In May 2019, Hindujas emerged as prominent bidder for the airline but the deal fell apart. Months later, they said that they want to bid only if they were protected from legal liabilities.
It is safe to say that Jet Airways has caught the attention of Srichand and Gopichand Hinduja, who are worth $16 billion.
Hinduja brothers are the wealthiest billionaires in UK
Hindujas led one of the biggest acquisitions in India
Their wealth soared after Boris Johnson won U.K’s general election
Popular on BI
- 46% of Indians frustrated with OTT viewing experiences: Study
- Brands, influencers and celebrities who violated ASCI Guidelines for Influencers Advertising
- Electric car shipments likely to grow 50% in 2022, says a new Gartner report
- Apple releases iOS 15.3 and iPadOS 15.3 updates with security fix
- D2C brand Plum ropes in Mithila Palkar as brand ambassador