scorecard

You Searched For "401 k" and got 20 results

Sort By:

Jacob Zinkula   

Business Insider Latest Story Image
6 mins read

Your VO2 max is like a '401(k) for longevity' — here's how to invest in it for better heart health and a longer life

VO2 max is a marker of endurance, usually measured with a stress test; the higher it is, the better…

Gabby Landsverk   

6 mins read

I left California for Las Vegas. Even after a $39,000 pay cut, my house is bigger, my 401(k) contributions went up, and the quality of my life improved.

A program manager at a startup making $184K moved from California to Las Vegas. She quit and took a…

Jane Zhang   

4 mins read

I was laid off at 57. I've been rejected from hundreds of jobs — even after knocking $50K off my salary expectations.

A woman in her 50s was laid off. She told Business Insider about how she's struggling to land a job…

Ella Hopkins   

5 mins read

Meet a couple with 5 kids who are barely making it despite working 4 jobs: 'It shocks me that $100k feels like poverty'

April Schultz and her husband earn a gross income of $130,000, but it's not enough for their family…

Noah Sheidlower   

4 mins read

How much can you make in the military? US officers can earn a $220K salary plus some pretty generous benefits

Military personnel can get other tax-free allowances for housing and meals, along with healthcare a…

Ana Altchek   

2 mins read

Tech companies got rid of your free lunch. Now they're coming for your 401(k) and healthcare.

Tech companies including Google and Twitter are cutting perks, and may soon turn to the benefits em…

Emilia David   

4 mins read

I'm a Dallas mom who left Uber and Lyft to drive for Alto where I can get health insurance and a 401(k) — here's why it's a much better side gig

An Alto rideshare driver says it's a better side hustle than driving for Uber or Lyft because she's…

Jamie Killin   

2 mins read

Senator Elizabeth Warren calls for Fidelity to explain how it will address risks associated with people investing in bitcoin through their 401(k)

"In short, investing in cryptocurrencies is a risky and speculative gamble," said Senator Warren an…

Carla Mozée   

2 mins read

Carla Mozée   

1 min read

Top retirement-plan provider Fidelity is offering a bitcoin option for its 401(k) plans as investor appetite for cryptocurrency grows

Fidelity Investments will introduce the bitcoin option later this year, becoming the largest 401(k)…

Brian Evans   

8 mins read

Borrowing from your 401(k) plan can be helpful in accessing funds when you need it - here's what to know

A 401(k) loan allows you to borrow from your retirement account. But you'll have to pay interest an…

Choncé Maddox   

3 mins read

401(k)s soared so much in the last year it's making more Americans rich enough to retire

The number of 401(k) millionaires hit a record this year, Fidelity said. At the same time, American…

Ben Winck,Andy Kiersz   

3 mins read

Millennials and Gen Z counting on a 401(k) to get them through retirement are in for a rude awakening, TIAA head says

Experts recommended several different ways that young adults could invest their money to make sure …

Jason Lalljee   

4 mins read

Vesting is a milestone that marks an employee's ownership of their retirement plan or stock options

Vesting signifies the amount of ownership an employee has in employer contributions to their retire…

Alene Laney   

9 mins read

403(b) vs. 401(k): What's the difference?

403(b) and 401(k) plans are two similar options employers provide for retirement savings, but there…

Robin Kavanagh   

3 mins read

Roth 401(k): An investment option that can help you create a tax-free income stream in retirement

A Roth 401(k) is an employer-sponsored retirement plan funded with after-tax earnings. Qualified wi…

Aly J. Yale   

6 mins read

Roth 401(k) vs. Roth IRA: How each of these after-tax retirement accounts can help maximize your savings

Roth 401(k) and Roth IRA accounts are funded with after-tax dollars and provide tax-free distributi…

Melanie Lockert   

1 min read

Coinbase partners with 401(k) provider to offer crypto investments in retirement accounts

ForUsAll is teaming up with Coinbase to allow workers to invest up to 5% of their 401(k) contributi…

Emily Graffeo   

3 mins read

Biden just released a plan to protect Americans' retirements and savings from the 2 main financial risks of the climate crisis

As the economy transitions away from carbon-focus infrastructure, Americans' investments could expe…

Ayelet Sheffey