scorecard

You Searched For "529 plan" and got 20 results

Sort By:

Business Insider Latest Story Image
4 mins read

As a mom to a disabled daughter, there are 4 new ways I'm handling my money

In the '80s, a young, disabled girl named Katie Beckett caught the attention of then-President Rona…

Brynne Conroy   

4 mins read

I never planned to be a stay-at-home mom, but now that I am, I'll never let money take me by surprise again

Just because you aren't earning a salary doesn't mean you shouldn't worry about finances. In fact, …

Rachel Morgan Cautero   

5 mins read

How to save money if you're planning to have kids in the next 5 years

If you want to have children soon, start saving for medical expenses in an HSA, saving for childcar…

Liz Knueven   

3 mins read

Parents plan to drop billions on school necessities at retailers this month, but coronavirus has overhauled the back-to-school shopping cart

Deloitte conducted surveys of parents with kids in college and K-12 schools to get a sense of how t…

Áine Cain   

2 mins read

SBI’s profit jumps over 50% in Q2 — India’s largest bank plans to outperform the industry when it comes to credit growth

India’s largest bank, the State Bank of India (SBI), has logged a net profit of 51.88% on an annual…

4 mins read

My health insurance plan means an emergency could cost me upwards of $6,000, but I'm not worried about it

As Chatzky explained, it really depends on your situation and health needs. "The reason that high-d…

Clint Proctor   

4 mins read

My husband and I have lost about 30% of our income to the coronavirus, but with our 5-step plan we should manage just fine

If that doesn't end up happening, we'll hopefully have come up with a plan that keeps our current e…

Cheryl Lock   

1 min read

The 10 best college savings plans in America that anyone can use

But the offerings in 529 plans vary from state to state, meaning families need to do their due dili…

Abby Jackson   

3 mins read

These 5 new charts show parents aren't prepared to pay for college

The College Board says the average amount of aid per student was about $14,000 a year for the 2013-…

2 mins read

Bernie Sanders has a plan to erase student debt by taxing Wall Street. But industry watchers tell us it will hurt Main Street more.

But there's one major issue: FTT doesn't tax banks. It taxes transactions, and would likely pass th…

Carmen Reinicke   

3 mins read

Marley Jay   

6 mins read

Here's what Trump's tax plan means for people making between $300,000 and $10 million a year

It's noteworthy that even just from the changes to the tax brackets and the eliminations of deducti…

Elena Holodny   

2 mins read

One state is helping employers who help their employees plan for college

Nevada employers will receive a tax break for matching employees' 529 plan contributions. Financial…

Jonathan Garber   

3 mins read

Another digital challenger bank got a banking licence and plans to launch next year

CEO and founder Anne Boden tells BI: "The banking licence is much more structured than it was years…

Oscar Williams-Grut   

3 mins read

Most Americans have no idea about the plan that helps them save for college

An Edward Jones study suggests two-thirds of Americans still haven't heard of the 529 education sav…

Jonathan Garber   

3 mins read

Gerber Sells A College-Savings Plan, But You Probably Shouldn't Buy It

You pay a monthly premium determined by your time frame and chosen value, and that money is investe…

3 mins read

Here's the budget of a 26-year-old who plans his spending 5 years in advance

Right now, he's focusing on building up an emergency fund of six months of living expenses. In fact…

Libby Kane,Andy Kiersz   

4 mins read

9 Things You Probably Don't Know About College Savings Plans

You can front-load the account. If you need it, there is a way around the donation limit: You can g…

5 mins read

In Earnings Call, Marissa Mayer Dives Deep On Her Yahoo Turnaround Plan

5:35 – She says there is big opporutnity search, display, mobile and video. In search, she says th…

Nicholas Carlson,Owen Thomas   

4 mins read

We have 5 kids and live on my husband's public school salary. We have no way of saving for their college education.

My husband is a public school teacher and I'm a freelancer. While money is tight, we are trying to …

Chaunie Brusie