Twitter invests in its second Indian start up within a span of two months
- Twitter co-founder,
Biz Stone, announced that they will be investing in a Kerala based startup — Sieve.
- Sieve is a platform for tech freelancers and agencies to provide services over the cloud.
- This is Twitter’s second investment in an Indian tech startup after funding
ShareChat, a local language social media app, in August.
This will be
"I have used the product of Sieve as a freelancer. As an Angel, I consider the person first, and the product second. I find Sanjay as a dedicated, empathetic and extremely hardworking individual," stated Stone during a video conference at Huddle Kerala 2019.
In both instances, Twitter has not disclosed the amount it has invested.
What is Sieve?
Sieve is a platform for tech freelancers and agencies. It provides services like infrastructure to websites, creating digital signatures or even manages invoices.
As of now, Sieve only serves the US market but has plans to expand into Europe.
The aim is to allow entrepreneurs to build Internet companies in the cloud. Using Sieve, freelancers from all over the world can form companies, and work from anywhere in the world.
Not just Twitter
Sieve’s other investor is Friends of Oorjja, an ecosystem to help individuals from the differently-abled community. Nediyara received help from mentors in the banking industry and Otis Elevators.
Google also showed an interest in Nediyara’s startup when they invited him to their annual developers conference, Google I/O.
Facebook India Head explains 3 ways that Indian tech startups need to transform
Popular on BI
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders