Dibrugarh to Kanyakumari: 10 Beautiful Pictures From The Longest Train Ride In India
Hanley purchased an one way ticket the Dibrugarh-Kanyakumari Vivek Express,which travels 4,273km as it winds its way from the north-eastern corner of Assam to Kanyakumari the southernmost tip of mainland India.
This entire journey is completed in a whopping 85 hours giving the train the prestigious title of the longest train ride in India, by both time and distance.
The train usually departs Dibrugarh at 10:45pm on Saturday and arrives in Kanyakumari at around 11am Wednesday, three days and 4 nights.
In his blog, Hanley extensively documented his entirely journey with the help of audio, video and some eye-catching photograph which paint a diverse, beautiful and really catching picture of India and takes you on a whirlwind trip.
We complied the 10 best photos for our readers. Have a look.
To read the entire post, click here.
Image credit: Ed Hanley
Popular on BI
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January