FM plays Santa: Zero tax on income upto ₹7 lakh under the new regime
- Tax saved by individuals in higher income brackets will result in the amount getting channelised into both consumption and savings, thereby boosting overall growth in the economy.
- A salaried person with an income of ₹15.5 lakh or more will stand to benefit by ₹52,500 under the new tax regime.
- New tax regime to be the default tax regime to encourage its adoption.
Budget Through A Lens
Popular on BI
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- India’s Golden Squad: The winners at Asian Games 2023
- Troubles and ethics behind the 'cute' trend of growing Kidfluencers
- Meet the Indian teens who raised funds from Sam Altman for their AI startup