10 crucial recipes for surviving in 'The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild'
The new Nintendo Switch game, "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild," is incredible. It's also ridiculously tough.
When the monsters aren't trying - and succeeding, often! - to kill you, the elements remain persistent. "Breath of the Wild" is the kind of game where you could die from exposure. Thankfully, there's a simple way to aid in your continued survival: cooking!
More than just having your wits about you and taking a careful approach, you need to be a killer chef. And to be a killer chef, you need to know the best, most powerful recipes, and how to use the ingredients the game provides.
But that's just scratching the surface. There are countless dangers in Hyrule to overcome. So we're channeling our inner Julia Child: We've put together the 10 most important recipes for survival, whether you're trying to beat a tough boss or survive in a lightning storm.
1. When in doubt, pile ingredients into the cooking pot and pray.
2. Cook with durian.Advertisement
3. Sneak around that enemy encampment, even without a sneaky outfit, by increasing your stealth with food.
4. For every four Spirit Orbs you collect from shrines across Hyrule, you can trade for a new heart container or a stamina container. Rather than increase stamina, use stamina-rich foods.Advertisement
5. You're not limited to creating food items in "Breath of the Wild." You could just as easily mix together some monster parts and create an elixir that saves your hide.
6. Much of our recipe list thus far has focused on how to survive the elements. But what about a particularly difficult enemy? For starters, you'll want to increase how powerful you are. And to do that, you'll want to cook Mighty Bananas with other ingredients.Advertisement
7. You're likely to visit some especially hot locations. For this, you'll need heat resistance.
8. Similarly, if you're trying to survive during a thunderstorm, some electricity resistance will help you out. Turn to the combination of volt fruit and meat.Advertisement
9. Resist cold with hot peppers.
10. Basic survival with apples.Advertisement
Rather than cooking up questionable concoctions of mushroom and banana, here are 10 tremendously useful recipes to become the best Chef of the Wild.
Voila! This mix of banana and mushroom sounds gross, but it repairs two hearts. Not a lot of help, but it's something. Even the most unexciting combinations can be helpful in a pinch.Advertisement
The cooking begins.
Then, exit the inventory screen and select Cook.Advertisement
After finding the cooking pot/fire, you can cook by opening the inventory and selecting Hold on up to five ingredients.
Before you learn any useful recipes, you need to know how to cook: Find a fire with a cooking pot over it! These are all over the place, but you can find them most readily in towns or in moblin camps.Advertisement
- On Independence Day, over 45,000 security personnel will be guarding New Delhi
- Decoding ‘Brand India’
- Bahujan Samaj Party issues whip to 6 defector MLAs in Rajasthan
- Instagram fixes bug that didn't let users remove photos, DMs
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’s installment — how to check in 5 easy steps