10 Tech Things You Need To Know This Morning
Here's what you need to know as you head into the weekend.
7. The US Federal Trade Commission has cleared the way for Google to purchase Nest for $3.2 billion in cash. After Mountain View announced the buyout earlier this year, Google stated it expected the deal to close in the next few months.
8. Pinterest is today launching a new version of its mobile website, which the company says is "complete rewrite and redesign" aimed at better integrating the features found in Pinterest's native mobile applications.
9. Google changed its homepage (not just in the U.S., but also in Russia) to a rainbow-themed sports illustration that links to the portion of the Olympic Charter, known as Principle 6, that declares the right of people to participate in sport without discrimination of any kind.
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu