10 Tech Things You Need To Know This Morning
Here's what you need to know as you head into the weekend.
1. Facebook has just updated to let users choose the gender pronoun they associate with. Aside from the usual "male" and "female" options, users can choose up to 10 different gender definitions to describe themselves out of more than 50 options, including "cisgender," "transgender" and "intersex."
3. A civilian NSA employee recently resigned after being stripped of his security clearance for allowing former agency contractor Edward Snowden to use his personal log-in credentials to access classified information, according to an agency memo obtained by NBC News.
4. Silk Road has been hacked. Someone stole all of its bitcoins.
6. Farhad Manjoo begins his job at the New York Times, and tells us what to buy. (Hint: Apple, Google, Amazon.)
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Meet Akash Ambani — new chairman of Reliance Jio and owner of Mumbai Indians
- Best apps for Instagram hashtags and captions
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- Maha crisis: Thackeray appeals to the rebels to come back
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1