10 things in tech you need to know today
1. Russian hackers reportedly hacked into the Pentagon and the email system used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The service has been offline for around two weeks.
2. Tesla shares are getting slammed. Its stock price was down 7% yesterday.
3. China is setting up police outposts at major internet companies. It wants to make sure that social networks act quickly to remove illegal content.
4. German fintech firm SavingGlobal has raised €20 million (£14 million). It helps customers to access savings products across Europe.
5. Morale inside Twitter is low. The company's stock price is down and there's no CEO - sources tell us that is starting to affect staff.
6. The creator of the world's most infamous piece of malware may be being protected by the Russian government. GameOver Zeus can steal personal information, but it has also been caught trying to steal intelligence documents.
7. Hillary Clinton stopped by the office of a San Francisco startup. She visited Munchery and met with the CEOs of Airbnb, Box, Lyft, Instacart, and other startups.
8. Researchers found six different ways to hack a Tesla. One method allowed them to shut the car down.
9. An Australian government employee is facing trial for allegedly leaking an intelligence document to 4chan. He's a supporter of WikiLeaks and Julian Assange.
10. A musical based on the life of Apple founder Steve Jobs is coming in 2017. It will focus on his marriage and relationship with his children.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Leasing of industrial, logistics space highest in NCR in 2022 across top 8 cities: CBRE
- BYJU's to miss March 2023 deadline for group level profitability, results delayed again
- Dedicate Mumbai coastal road to Lata Didi, urges Mangeshkar family
- Adani Transmission reports 78% rise in Q3 net profit to ₹475 crore on one-time income
- Young boy builds an online kabadiwala biz after being inspired by his uncle's scrapyard 'heaven'