A recent report says 1,000 start-ups will be funded this year, but the deal size may drop
A report from VCCEdge, the financial research platform of the VCCircle Network, has said that this year would see as many as 1,000
The report says that the year has already seen 255 deals, and this rate hints that the number of start-ups being funded this year would reach the 1,000 mark.
However, a look at the worth of this deals tell that the $301 million that start-ups have received so far this year have is 50% less than the funding received in the same period a year ago.
"The deals data indicate that investors are clearly waiting on the sidelines by consolidating their existing portfolios and looking at only meaningful ones in those ventures with strong fundamentals and a good revenue earning model," Nita Kapoor, Head (India) New Ventures, News Corp, and CEO, The VCCircle Network, said.
Kapoor also added that "the decline in series A deals or the first institutional level of venture funding for start-ups is particularly worrying, thereby making it essential for them adopt the strategy of 'Conserve and Grow'.
Popular on BI
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World