11 questions you should ask the owners of the home you're buying while you have the chance
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- Buying a home is an extremely important decision, and there are many questions a prospective home buyer should have for the homeowners.
- We asked real estate agents to list the most pressing questions you should ask the owners of the home you're buying while you have the chance.
- They recommend asking about neighborhood noise levels, the house's maintenance and repair history, and other topics.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Buying a home is one of the biggest and most important purchasing decisions a person will ever make.
With the median home listing price in the US at nearly $230,000, it is no wonder the process can be stressful. It requires a long and sometimes tedious process of market research, saving, negotiating with homeowners, and doing your due diligence to know the current real estate market like the back of your hand.
There are important questions to ask a homeowner before signing on the dotted line and purchasing a home. You'll want to know about repairs that have been done on the home or those crazy neighbors who wake them up in the middle of the night. Remember - this is your future home, so you shouldn't be afraid to pry a little.
We asked real estate agents to list the most burning questions you should ask the owners of the home you're buying, if you get the chance.
Here are the most pressing questions.
Why are you selling the home?
How long have you lived in the home?
Has there ever been water damage?
What is the surrounding neighborhood like?
What maintenance work has been done on the home?
What is your favorite thing about the house?
What are the monthly utilities?
Are there any furnishings the homeowner plans to keep?
What is the lowest price you are willing to sell for?
Do you have contact information of professionals who previously serviced the home?
Is noise a concern?
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- SC quashes Kerala HC order granting anticipatory bail to 4 in ISRO espionage case
- India coal production for April-Nov period up 17%, to 524mn tonnes
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World