11 reasons why it's taking you so long to succeed in life
- Success can take a long, long time.
- If you have a business idea that isn't making any money, or a promotion that isn't happening just yet, there may be an answer to why your hard work isn't paying off.
- Here are 11 answers from Quora users on why it's taking you so long to succeed.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Almost no one is an overnight success. Just because you haven't gotten your business up and running yet, or gotten the promotion you've been expecting, it doesn't mean you never will.
There are a number of possible explanations for a long-awaited pay-off that hasn't arrived. It could be because you haven't failed enough, or that your ego is in the way.
We compiled the best responses from Quora users to this question: "Why is it taking me so long to succeed?"
Here are their answers.
You're not doing the tasks that count.
You haven't failed enough.
There are no shortcuts.
Everyone has their own time zone.
You're petrified of losing.
You're dwelling on negative events.
You haven't looked at your goal in a while.
You're forgetting the law of incubation.
You're too focused on your ego.
You're setting unrealistic goals for yourself.
Perhaps you're running out of inspiration.
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins
- India's retail sector to more than double to $2 trillion in next decade says BCG report