11 reasons why it's taking you so long to succeed in life
- Success can take a long, long time.
- If you have a business idea that isn't making any money, or a promotion that isn't happening just yet, there may be an answer to why your hard work isn't paying off.
- Here are 11 answers from Quora users on why it's taking you so long to succeed.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Almost no one is an overnight success. Just because you haven't gotten your business up and running yet, or gotten the promotion you've been expecting, it doesn't mean you never will.
There are a number of possible explanations for a long-awaited pay-off that hasn't arrived. It could be because you haven't failed enough, or that your ego is in the way.
We compiled the best responses from Quora users to this question: "Why is it taking me so long to succeed?"
Here are their answers.
You're not doing the tasks that count.
You haven't failed enough.
There are no shortcuts.
Everyone has their own time zone.
You're petrified of losing.
You're dwelling on negative events.
You haven't looked at your goal in a while.
You're forgetting the law of incubation.
You're too focused on your ego.
You're setting unrealistic goals for yourself.
Perhaps you're running out of inspiration.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Fresh threats to Mukesh Ambani and family, Reliance Foundation hospital
- Will consider Kerala govt proposal for World Peace Conference: Nobel Peace Centre
- Seven dead, several others feared missing following flash floods in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri district
- OPEC+ to cut oil output by 2 million bpd from November
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World