11 things you say that will automatically disqualify you in a job interview
• Some job interview errors are a bigger deal than others.
• Do your research and adopt a confident mindset in order to boost your chances of succeeding.• But, whatever you do, don't make mistakes like cursing, dissing the company, and asking weird personal questions.
Nobody's perfect. You could be pro at job interviews, but there's always a chance you'll say something a bit off.
That won't necessarily sink your candidacy, though. Your qualifications and endearing personality might just carry you over.
That is, unless you say something so bad that you completely wreck your chances.
Here are a few interview faux pas that could automatically disqualify you, unless you're really lucky:
1. 'What does your company do?'
2. 'Are you married?/Are you pregnant?/etc.'
3. 'S---,' 'b----,' 'f---, ' etc.
4. 'I want your job'
5. 'This isn't my top choice'
6. 'I'd better get this job, or...'
7. 'If I don't get this job, I don't know what I'll do'
8. 'Do you want to grab dinner sometime?' or 'Wow, you have such a beautiful smile'
9. 'What job am I interviewing for?'
10. 'I know I'm not the most qualified person, but...'
11. 'I hated my last boss'