12 books you should read before starting a business
- Books can be an affordable way to get professional advice before starting your own business.
- Authors highlight the mistakes startups have made in the past, making it easier to avoid doing the same.
- The advice in these books can apply to anyone, whether you're an aspiring tech entrepreneur or an artist looking to tell your work.
If you want to start a business, you'll need advice on where to start, what pitfalls to anticipate, and how best to spend your time and money to get your idea off the ground.
Whether you're an aspiring tech entrepreneur or an artisan looking to sell your work, these are some of the most insightful books to read before you launch.
1. 'The Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything,' by Guy Kawasaki
2. 'The Founder's Dilemmas: Anticipating and Avoiding the Pitfalls That Can Sink a Startup,' by Noam Wasserman
3. 'Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months: A Month-by-Month Guide to a Business That Works,' by Melinda F. Emerson
4. 'The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses,' by Eric Ries
5. 'Will It Fly? How to Know if Your New Business Idea Has Wings … Before You Take the Leap,' by Thomas K. McKnight
6. 'Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive,' by Dorie Clark
7. 'Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook,' by Gary Vaynerchuk
8. '32 Ways to Be a Champion in Business,' by Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
9. 'Setting The Table,' by Danny Meyer
10. 'Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits!: 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential' By Greg Crabtree
11. 'The One Page Business Plan for the Creative Entrepreneur,' by Jim Horan
12. 'Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless,' by Jeffrey W. Hayzlett
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed
- These are the hottest fintech and crypto jobs in India right now